BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Phlyers Phan
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my '02 325i 2 weeks ago (without alarm) and the clown nose was set to blink when the doors were locked. I just installed the oem alarm and noticed that the car beeps on lock and unlock... and so i locked the doors from the key fob while inside the car and then tried to open the doors and that set off the alarm.

Does that mean the computer was preset for the alarm? my dealer is asking 50$ just to hook it up to the diagnostics to tell me the alarm is working...

what else should set off the alarm?

-sanjay

the alarm i got for 225 from circle and it took all of 30 minutes to install.

·
Phlyers Phan
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how long does it take for the motion sensor to kick in?

i sat in the car for a minute waiting for the motion detector to go off but it didn't , then i tried the doors and htat's what worked. i didn't know the duration of time the motion sensor is inactive after setting the alarm. i thought it would be a few minutes before the sensor turns on.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
palooka666 said:
how long does it take for the motion sensor to kick in?

i sat in the car for a minute waiting for the motion detector to go off but it didn't , then i tried the doors and htat's what worked. i didn't know the duration of time the motion sensor is inactive after setting the alarm. i thought it would be a few minutes before the sensor turns on.
Motion sensor won't set if you're sitting in your car. It's so sensitive that it'll even sense your BREATHING and won't activate if it senses any sort of motion.

Roll down your windows, close all doors, activate the alarm and come back in like 5 minutes. Then stick your arm into the window to see if it goes off. If not, you WILL need to take your car to the dealership to have them properly arm the alarm.

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
The HACK said:

Motion sensor won't set if you're sitting in your car. It's so sensitive that it'll even sense your BREATHING and won't activate if it senses any sort of motion.

Roll down your windows, close all doors, activate the alarm and come back in like 5 minutes. Then stick your arm into the window to see if it goes off. If not, you WILL need to take your car to the dealership to have them properly arm the alarm.
that is what I meant in my previous post, but you summed it up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts