BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 03 E46 coupe that has got condensation in the rear passenger tail light. I have managed to get the light off the car and bring it indoors, but I can see that water has gathered inside the casing. Is there anything i can do to get the water out?? Or will it need replacing??

Please helllpppp :cry:

·
Supporting Member
1,519 Posts
As I recall those are glued together. Try pulling them apart lightly while checking the seam. I use GOOP...sticks to everything and stays flexable and fairly clear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, yeh when i took it off it seamed factory sealed and didnt know where to try and prise it open to let the water out! Have put the light back on now as needed to drive the car. But if anyone has a pic, or can explain how i can open it a bit to let the water that has gathered out, that would be a great help.

Thanks PT for letting me know about the GOOP, will get some for when i need to stick the lens back on!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

This still has not been sorted yet guys, has anyone got a pic that could give me a hand! I wanna get it sorted before the condensation/water freezes in the light.

Thanks

·
Supporting Member
1,519 Posts
If you drilled the hole in the bottom to let it drain than try and identify what is causing the water to get in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2001 M3. I took the rear lights out. looked for separation between pieces, found none. placed the whole lamp assembly on a plug in towel covered portable heat radiator to evaporate water. after evaporation, about 20 minutes. Checked again for separation. Found some looseness under rubber gasket. Used 3M Extreme mounting tape under the gasket, sealing all possible entry points. Used old gaskets on top of new. Bolted it all back in. Good to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts