BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I completed my order with my dealer last week on a 2017 740 Individual. Today I received my order acceptance (status 111), confirmed build, a production number, and Euro delivery date in October for my new car.

2017 740i
X03 - Ruby Black Metallic
ZBTQ - Tartufo Merino Leather with matching Alcantara Headliner
2T3 - Indv 20" Wheels (style 649i)
ZDB - Driver Assistance Plus 1&2
ZEC - Executive Package
ZL1 - Individual Composition
ZLU - Luxury Rear Seating
320 - Badge Delete
6CP - Apple Car Play

The Individual Build is in fact a deal. For now MY2017 It is a No-Charge option. Individual paint, interior, and 20" wheels all N/C. These were $9700 for MY2016. You just need to order ZDB, ZEC, & ZLU together. I would have wanted most of those options anyway. This build came out $5300 less than an M-Sport with the same options and Nappa leather w/ metallic paint.

Now the waiting begins

·
Registered
230 Posts
Congrats on being the first with a 2017 order! Really like the build on yours.

I may go with the 2017 Individual as well given the discount on the package. However, I don't want performance tires on my 20", not sure if they have an option for regular tires. Don't want the rougher ride and noise of performance tires. So for that reason I am likely to go with 19" instead. I am looking at the 740e, but ideally would like to read some reviews before I buy. So far have not found any.

I completed my order with my dealer last week on a 2017 740 Individual. Today I received my order acceptance (status 111), confirmed build, a production number, and Euro delivery date in October for my new car.

2017 740i
X03 - Ruby Black Metallic
ZBTQ - Tartufo Merino Leather with matching Alcantara Headliner
2T3 - Indv 20" Wheels (style 649i)
ZDB - Driver Assistance Plus
ZEC - Executive Package
ZL1 - Individual Composition
ZLU - Luxury Rear Seating
320 - Badge Delete
6CP - Apple Car Play

I can confirm that the Individual Build is in fact a deal. For MY2017 It is a No-Charge option. Individual paint, interior, and 20" wheels all N/C. These were $9700 for MY2016. You just need to order ZDB, ZEC, & ZLU together. I would have wanted most of those options anyway. This build came out $5300 less than an M-Sport with the same options and Nappa leather w/ metallic paint.

Now the waiting begins

·
Registered
154 Posts
Congrats on being the first with a 2017 order! Really like the build on yours.

I may go with the 2017 Individual as well given the discount on the package. However, I don't want performance tires on my 20", not sure if they have an option for regular tires. Don't want the rougher ride and noise of performance tires. So for that reason I am likely to go with 19" instead. I am looking at the 740e, but ideally would like to read some reviews before I buy. So far have not found any.
I have driven both the 19" and 20" wheels.

the 750i feels a bit more firm on the 20" but that suspension is really good at smoothing out the road regardless of wheels.

on the Ind package. That sounds super odd that Ind is essentially free. If I were you, I would do my due diligence and make sure that is really the case (straight from BMW and not the dealer).

If it is, congrats.

btw, no Driver Asst Pkg ii? That is the active cruise control + Stop & go portion (and active lane assist but I never use that).

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
You are correct on Driver assist 2. I forgot to list, I'll have it. I also agree on the 20" wheels, I have them now on my GT, no issue with ride quality. also had a 740 with 20s for a couple days, derived great.

Pricing is correct. I have the order acceptance from BMW NA.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Pricing is correct. I have the order acceptance from BMW NA.
Ro confirm, the BMW Individual Composition Package is a no cost option for the 2017 Model Year?

No extra charge for the extended leather, alcantara headliner, wood steering, door sills, 20" wheels, special paint, special wood and badging?

What other options must one select to make this possible? Trying to build online, but unable...

When I add the three packages mentioned I get a $113k MSRP, but when I add the Individual Package thereafter jumps to $120k.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2020 G12; 2019 G01' 2020 MB E450 wagon
1,481 Posts
Ro confirm, the BMW Individual Composition Package is a no cost option for the 2017 Model Year?

No extra charge for the extended leather, alcantara headliner, wood steering, door sills, 20" wheels, special paint, special wood and badging?

What other options must one select to make this possible? Trying to build online, but unable...

When I add the three packages mentioned I get a $113k MSRP, but when I add the Individual Package thereafter jumps to $120k.

Thanks.
You can't build a 2017 on line yet. For example, the Display Key is now standard but it doesn't show up that way in Build Your own -- yet.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks.
Yes correct. No charge for ZL1 Individual including paint, merino leather, matched alcantara headliner and 20" wheels. This is 2017 models, you have to order Executive, driver assist, and luxury rear seat.

The on line configurator is still for 2016 models

·
Premium Member
2020 G12; 2019 G01' 2020 MB E450 wagon
1,481 Posts
Yes correct. No charge for ZL1 Individual including paint, merino leather, matched alcantara headliner and 20" wheels. This is 2017 models, you have to order Executive, driver assist, and luxury rear seat.

The on line configurator is still for 2016 models
"ZIN requires ordering ZDB, ZEC and ZLU" - fom the configurator posted above in the sticky. This suggests that Individual, while free with the other packages, cannot be ordered separately. Still a good deal.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Do they offer the "icon" headlights on the 740 on the 2017 model? I was told the 2016 740's can't be ordered with the "Icon" headlights found on the 750 models, but wasn't sure if that changed in 2017 or moving forward?

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Model Year 2017 Build Your Own is now live on bmwusa.com and it seems they're still charging for the Individual Composition Package even in conjunction with the other referenced packages; in fact, it seems the Individual Composition Package now requires the additional referenced packages.

I hope it's an error with the Build Your Own site and you're not going to be subject to same when your car arrives...

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see this as well, but the BYO is in direct conflict with the current (and previous) dealer pricing and ordering guides for MY17. I'd expect the BYO site is wrong and it won't be the first time. At least I hope so as the msrp difference for my build is over $9k

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Apparently there is a new dealer order & price guide released Aug 3 that changed the Individual pricing. This coinsides with the release of Build-On-Line. Still hoping the lease programs will get better in Sept or Oct.

My 740 is in status 111 with a scheduled build on week 38 (Sept 11)

·
Registered
34 Posts
My order is scheduled for week 36, not really sure about the status, the order sales summary says 047 Spec released-no
I placed the order July 25 so hopefully no problems with it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Apparently there is a new dealer order & price guide released Aug 3 that changed the Individual pricing. This coinsides with the release of Build-On-Line. Still hoping the lease programs will get better in Sept or Oct.

Local fleet manager says the loop hole was an error and while orders were accepted when car exports over the bill of lading will show the corrected price. Hopefully you picked individual because that's what you wanted as you will likely be paying for it. Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
714 Posts

Worst time to order a car and ship it to the States across the Atlantic. Not saying yours will encounter any bad situation, but if it does, you know where you heard it first.

https://youtu.be/t7EqGzO_qsc

·
Registered
154 Posts
Local fleet manager says the loop hole was an error and while orders were accepted when car exports over the bill of lading will show the corrected price. Hopefully you picked individual because that's what you wanted as you will likely be paying for it. Let us know how it turns out.
I am going to say something I learned a long time ago,

if it does not make any sense, usually it is a good idea not to get your hope up to high.

but anyway, good luck!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts