BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1997 328is and trying to decide on 2 intakes the conforti and the bmp. i have heard only good things about the conforti but the bmps price is a lot better but havent heard anything about it. if anuone has ahd experiance with the bmp intake please let me know if its worth it :D

·
Registered
513 Posts
I dont have either however, I just bought a K&n cone like filter with pipe to attach to the mainfold and bought a a heat shield. It will run about 120 shipped maybe even less for that setup and its just as good as any of those 250+ intakes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was looking at the k%n and liked what i saww i definatly want a heat shield and the bmp has a metal one which i dont like too much ill prolly go with the k&n system more then likely

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yea I saw k&n's one and thought it looke awesome, the only problem for me was the price so I took the cheap way out which isnt really a cheap way because my intake is porbably just as good as the 250 dollar k&n kit.

·
Still here
12,188 Posts
I have a K&N and heatshield and whatever they cost.....they are worth it

The car is more responsive, faster, smoother through the rev-band and sounds amazing.

3 seperate people have said it sounds like a DB9...though how they know is beyond me hehehe :thumbup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool i also have the shark injector and a m50 manifold on the way so im gonna have a nice bump in power i have alot of plans but its pretty much on part at a time. next im prolly gonna get the that differential support bracket and the cross brace for the front

·
Still here
12,188 Posts
Strut braces are brilliant, they really firm the front of the car up so you have much more confidence throwing it into corners

I am doing mine on a part by part basis too. think i will look into under-drive pulleys next.

Was going to go for a chip, but with all the unrest in Lebannon, the fuel prices in the UK are likely to rocket up. i hear you should only use 97 RON+ with a chip and as the fuel is already around 1.05 pounds a litre now ($2), i will wait for it to stablise before i switch over. i do around 30k miles a year and so it will take a big hit to ALWAYS put in the good fuel. i do it 7 times out of 10 now but like the fact i can use 95 RON if need be.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i currently have the shark injector have to run 97 or it wiull knock i also add octan booster just incase and havent any problems but plenty of gain i definatly felt and heard the dirrence theres a slightly differnt tone to it now.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I run 93 with my tms chip and it runs fine. Plus the engine has ping sensors stock so it will reatrd the timing automatically. Theres no need to run 97.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts