BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
Hey dude, I took third. I was a tenth slower than Randy.

And I did NOT spend the most of anyone out there. :)

There was one guy, who was so intense he was checking each car to see what tires they had trying to find an extra 6 ths to win. He did at least as many runs as I did, maybe even more.

Actually I did a set of runs in one of the automatic cars just to play. That was interesting. ASC in an auto is REALLY intrusive.

Randy and I were standing around talking when the guy who won did his runs. We had been discussing how in the last 1/2 hour or so the course had really dried out. I figured it was good for an extra 1/2 second. About that time the winner nicks Randy by a tenth.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great time auto Xing!

Steve and I had a great time, we wanted to go again but there were other thing we wanted to catch so 3 runs was going to have to be enough!

We got in our cars directly after Randy finished what I think were his last runs. I really thought I had beaten Steve as his 1st run was a 41.XXX, 2nd run was a 42.XXX, then he busts out with a 36.4XX!! MAN! If only I had shifted to 2nd! My fastest was a 37.4XX in 1st the whole way.

Come to find out Steve was having some problems with is equipment. The seat would not go down, his helmet was too small, and the shift knob flew off during the winning run! Combine that with the fact he has minimal seat time in a Z3 (about 120 miles of the drive up) and he has not raced in over 10 years, and his win is even more impressive.

All in all it was great fun for a good cause, look foward to next year, maybe I will find the time for more runs!

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pinecone said:
Hey dude, I took third. I was a tenth slower than Randy.

And I did NOT spend the most of anyone out there. :)

There was one guy, who was so intense he was checking each car to see what tires they had trying to find an extra 6 ths to win. He did at least as many runs as I did, maybe even more.

Actually I did a set of runs in one of the automatic cars just to play. That was interesting. ASC in an auto is REALLY intrusive.

Randy and I were standing around talking when the guy who won did his runs. We had been discussing how in the last 1/2 hour or so the course had really dried out. I figured it was good for an extra 1/2 second. About that time the winner nicks Randy by a tenth.
Congrats! I was wondering if that was you. Great to see an M3 owner taking as much interest in his roadster. :)

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Great time auto Xing!

bimmerbum said:
Steve and I had a great time, we wanted to go again but there were other thing we wanted to catch so 3 runs was going to have to be enough!

We got in our cars directly after Randy finished what I think were his last runs. I really thought I had beaten Steve as his 1st run was a 41.XXX, 2nd run was a 42.XXX, then he busts out with a 36.4XX!! MAN! If only I had shifted to 2nd! My fastest was a 37.4XX in 1st the whole way.

Come to find out Steve was having some problems with is equipment. The seat would not go down, his helmet was too small, and the shift knob flew off during the winning run! Combine that with the fact he has minimal seat time in a Z3 (about 120 miles of the drive up) and he has not raced in over 10 years, and his win is even more impressive.

All in all it was great fun for a good cause, look foward to next year, maybe I will find the time for more runs!
bimmerbum - find Steve a great deal on an M Roady! Sounds like someone we need to get on the forum here with us :)

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
Thanks Scott, for cross-posting.

Yes, everyone that I saw at HC looked to be having a great time!

We sure did!

For the record, Sue & I each made only three runs.
But just like Pinecone tried to do, I would've bought more once Steve nipped me;) Unfortunately, the ticket booth had closed...

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Randy Forbes said:
Thanks Scott, for cross-posting.

Yes, everyone that I saw at HC looked to be having a great time!

We sure did!
No problem! Do have any action shots not posted on .org? :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts