3. E9 3.0 CSL owned by Tom Rakearch

Modified Class Division:

1. E46 330i owned by Vijay Patel

2. E39 528i owned by James Lee

3. E36 Sedan (a.k.a. PTG M3) owned by James Demmitt

BEST OF SHOW:

1. Lambo-doored E46 M3 owned by Taber Schroeder

:supdude:

Note to potential naysayers. This competition was not rigged either!

Judging was performed by the team of freelance automotive writer/photographer Fred Larimer, and Bimmer Magazine At Large
editor Jay Jones...

PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING REQUEST:

Please post pictures of these specific vehicle in this thread if you have any.

Also, James Lee - owner of the second-place finishing E39 528i never picked
up his trophy. Does anybody know how to contact him??

·
Lurking around since 2005
1,349 Posts
heres some of my pics from the best of show winner:

if anyone has the descriptions (color, mods, or something unique) from the other winners i most likely have it, and all of my pics are posted in the other thread "please post pics of Bimmerfest here"

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just want to say that I was VERY disappointed at the winner of best in show. That car was atrocious and easily the UGLIEST car there. Sure, it was highly modified, but it was incredibly ricey and very distasteful. The paint job was ugly, the rims were horrible, the seats were laughable, I was incredibly unimpressed and disgusted by the presence of that car.

I also think that this sends the WRONG message to people. The fact that that car won tells people that you will only win if you put more money into your car than anyone else there, and fails to stress the importance of the limitary or beauty of the modifications you do. There were many more cleaner cars there, many more cars that DESERVED to be best in show, not THIS thing that got lost when trying to find the set for Fast and Furrious 3.

And it was a scissor door, not a gullwing.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
little740girl said:
I just want to say that I was VERY disappointed at the winner of best in show. That car was atrocious and easily the UGLIEST car there. Sure, it was highly modified, but it was incredibly ricey and very distasteful. The paint job was ugly, the rims were horrible, the seats were laughable, I was incredibly unimpressed and disgusted by the presence of that car.

I also think that this sends the WRONG message to people. The fact that that car won tells people that you will only win if you put more money into your car than anyone else there, and fails to stress the importance of the limitary or beauty of the modifications you do. There were many more cleaner cars there, many more cars that DESERVED to be best in show, not THIS thing that got lost when trying to find the set for Fast and Furrious 3.

And it was a scissor door, not a gullwing.
:thumbup:

·
The King of Common Sense
2,145 Posts
Do these people drive their cars?

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
It's still a little early for me to go on my bit after Bimmerfest 05, but I will say that without saying a word, I think the event is going in a certain, very obvious direction, for better or worse, and that the fact of the matter is, it's just not going to be possible to make even a majority of people happy...

More to come.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Best in show???Pimp my ride!!!

Unbelievable choice for best in show. A fully pimped up Escalade made to look something like a BMW. NOT!!!!

Then there was the so called parking request that only highly modified and classic park in the dealer lot, one section looked like Pick-A-Part! Too bad, some real nice cars were on the street or back in the service departmant.

Lastly, what constitutes a classic. First place in classic went to a M5??? Beautiful car and great guy.....but an M5 is a classic???? One photo caption showed a 2 or 3 year old 645i with the caption from the photographer saying,"My favorite classic beemer!" :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey everyone remember it was a Great Day!, :thumbup:
I do agree with most the Flamed Disco Job as best of show and in the show room :thumbdwn: ( reminded me of the low rider cars when I was a kid :rolleyes: ..ya know the ones with bars in the back seat and velvet interiors :cry:) … What does that have to do with anything :rolleyes: ) I know you can't please everyone one so you might as please yourself…M-

Just curious who liked that S..T?

go ahead and ban me ...just tellin' it like it is :thumbup:

P.S. Daily Driver my Ass :thumbdwn:

IF THIS IS THE WAY OF THE FUTURE :thumbdwn: you can count me and others out next year :confused: ...my .02

·
Registered
2 Posts
califblue said:
Hey everyone remember it was a Great Day!, :thumbup:
I do agree with most the Flamed Disco Job as best of show and in the show room :thumbdwn: ( reminded me of the low rider cars when I was a kid :rolleyes: ..ya know the ones with bars in the back seat and velvet interiors :cry:) … What does that have to do with anything :rolleyes: ) I know you can't please everyone one so you might as please yourself…M-

Just curious who liked that S..T?
I did. It may not suit everybodys taste, but, that car was very well done. Even if you don't like the style, show some appreciation for the work that went into it. The paint was excellent. And the airbrush work was quite good. It may not be of a style to your liking, but, that doesn't mean that in an objective sense it was not well executed.

califblue said:
go ahead and ban me ...just tellin' it like it is :thumbup:

P.S. Daily Driver my Ass :thumbdwn:

IF THIS IS THE WAY OF THE FUTURE :thumbdwn: you can count me and others out next year :confused: ...my .02
You are not "tellin' it like it is" your are being a immature snot nose, becuase it is not of your taste it is "wrong" or "bad". Grow the f*ck up.

I hope this is the way of the future, it sure as hades better be. If it wasn't for people who go and push at the edges there would not be the modding community there is today. If all you can see is your narrow view of the world, on balance, IMO, the modding community is better off without you, then with you.

Face facts, the lowrider community know more about paint then anybody. The "r!cer" community knows more about making more power from less displacement then anybody. The "hotrod" community knows more about metal fabrication then anybody. The euro community has much to add as well (things like ICE, and other electronics). Take what those other "communities" have as knowledge and apply it to the euro scene. If it is not your taste, that is fine, but, don't discount the work/effort/passion/commitment/etc. of others just becuase it does not appeal to your narrow view of what a car is supposed to be.

(Readers digest condensed version: Quit the hating or piss off and get bent.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
First of all I would like to thank Jon for a great event, this was my third bimmerfest and it could not have been any better. For the people that do not know me my name is Vijay Patel I won first place in the bmw modified category. I own the copper bmw that is seen in a few pictures. The reason why I am posting is in remarks to other members reactions of the winner of Best of Show. I believe to win a trophy in any car show your car has to stand out or not be modified like the rest of the cars attending the show. The cars that won all the trophies at bimmerfest STAND OUT. Certainly the car that won Best of Show stands out, it might not be everybodys taste in moding, but it does stand out. People may not believe it, but a lot of time does go into making show winning cars. Everybody has their own opinions and should state them. All I am saying is dont be so narrow minded and think that a car that looks like the rest of the cars at a show will win a trophy.

·
Got beats?
141 Posts
rdsesq said:
You are not "tellin' it like it is" your are being a immature snot nose, becuase it is not of your taste it is "wrong" or "bad". Grow the f*ck up.

Face facts, the lowrider community know more about paint then anybody. The "r!cer" community knows more about making more power from less displacement then anybody. The "hotrod" community knows more about metal fabrication then anybody. The euro community has much to add as well (things like ICE, and other electronics). Take what those other "communities" have as knowledge and apply it to the euro scene. If it is not your taste, that is fine, but, don't discount the work/effort/passion/commitment/etc. of others just becuase it does not appeal to your narrow view of what a car is supposed to be.

(Readers digest condensed version: Quit the hating or piss off and get bent.)
Yeah. I'm gonna have to agree with this, and I personally was not impressed with the scissor-door M3 myself (it was a very nice vehicle, but not what I would consider best-in-show. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be, though.)

People are always gonna find a reason to hate, and that's silly. You may not like what others judge as the greatest; the best way to fix that is to get involved so you actually have a vote that counts. :)

You don't even have to like whatever it is, just find a way to be constructive about it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I spent hours with Q-Tips and Armour All detailing my car which I knew would not get on the lot.
I can only imagine what it takes to get these show cars ready. My hat's off to everyone who spent hours polishing and cleaning in places no one would even see.

Just to be in the contest gets my respect.

There were only a few cars which I felt didn't belong on the lot. A giveaway is when the owner is standing on his roof.

Would YOU do that with your car?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.