BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
So a couple of weeks ago I got a '14 X3. The Navigation database is out of date but I did get ConnectedDrive access for 4 years, which lets me upload my destination to the car.

My question is, when using the ConnectedDrive app to send a destination to the car, does it route via Google Maps data or do I have to update the nav database on the car for the routing to work out and use the most efficient path?

Thanks!

· Registered
133 Posts
I think you get ConnectedDrive access AND Emergency Accident Notification for 10 years, not just 4. But for the incar navigation system, you have to update the car's navigation database. This system is totally separate and different from the app you have in your phone. Search around the forum on how to update the map data of your incar navigation (around $10-50) and dont go to the dealer for this ($300+)!!!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey tntp, thanks for the reply.
I'll check out the nav update options. How do I know if I have Premium maps or NEXT maps? The car has the Premium package so should I assume it has Premium maps? Also, do you have a source for the 10 year access to ConnectedDrive and the Emergency Accident Notification? Thanks!!

· Registered
120 Posts
Hey tntp, thanks for the reply.
I'll check out the nav update options. How do I know if I have Premium maps or NEXT maps? The car has the Premium package so should I assume it has Premium maps? Also, do you have a source for the 10 year access to ConnectedDrive and the Emergency Accident Notification? Thanks!!
My system tells me in the screen how long I have on the Connected subscription.

· Registered
756 Posts
FYI, the updates for the NEXT and Premium systems are not the same (come from different suppliers). When I updated to the 2017 version (Premium), my street (9 years old) and house (4 years old) were not in it. They were in the NEXT system (per the seller of the updates on this site).

· Vendor
637 Posts
You should have the NEXT system, let us know if you need any assistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.