BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys, my name is Matt and I am considering purchasing my first BMW tomorrow. I am new to BMWs, but not European cars. You can say that I am a pretty big Audi enthusiast.

Here are some pics of my latest build :)

Anyways, the car in question is a 1999 M3. The title on it is salvaged, and it is currently overheating. The owner said that oil is making its way into the coolant system, indicating a new head is likely required. Not a deal breaker for me at all.

The car has relatively low miles (120k) and is pretty clean. The owner wants $4k.

What do you guys think? I do not know much about these cars and would like to see what you m3 enthusiasts have to say about whether or not this is a good deal. Looking forward to getting into a e36 and joining the rest of you!

·
Registered
39 Posts
if it's clean and tranny and suspension and bushings are good. that's not a terrible price. try for $3k. perfect candidate for an LS swap. just don't expect to sell it easily or for any more $.

a perfect one with those miles is only a $10-13k car.

do it and you'll never look at another audi again.

·
hookersandblow
7,254 Posts
Under 3k and you should be fine. If you buy it I would find a new or re machined head, and go the full 9 yards. Btw, come to the regular e36 forum, were more active, and the cars are almost the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts