BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 330CI auto, with Sport, Premium, Factory Nav. only 32k on the odometer. It needs the driver door and rear bumper repainted along with cracked lens cover.

Just wanted to get some professional input on this, and any major problems anyone has had.

Talk me into it.
Thanks
P.S. replacing an E39 with 90k

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
2003 330CI auto, with Sport, Premium, Factory Nav. only 32k on the odometer. It needs the driver door and rear bumper repainted along with cracked lens cover.

Just wanted to get some professional input on this, and any major problems anyone has had.

Talk me into it.
Thanks
P.S. replacing an E39 with 90k
Seems like the 03 steptronic's have a lot of problems. I'd make sure before I bought one. Obviously the auto trans problems have been well documented. It would be unfair and unwise to say ALL BMW automatics are or will go bad. Mine has 143k on it and works fine. But my observation is the 03 auto owners have some issues. But with 32k you should be under warranty no?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems like the 03 steptronic's have a lot of problems. I'd make sure before I bought one. Obviously the auto trans problems have been well documented. It would be unfair and unwise to say ALL BMW automatics are or will go bad. Mine has 143k on it and works fine. But my observation is the 03 auto owners have some issues. But with 32k you should be under warranty no?
Not under warranty, the in-service date is 10/25/02 :cry:

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
Not under warranty, the in-service date is 10/25/02 :cry:
Well, common sense says with only 32k on the clock you should be fine for a while anyways. Just keep the fluid changed every 30k(so change it when you get it home) and you should be fine. The ones that tend to have issues are neglected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts