BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard and read on here and other places, that the 650 has more problems due to the v8 than the v6 640. Is that still true for the 2018 year? Either way, this will be a daily driver and i'm not looking for v8 power/handling/perks.. the v6 will be fine.

What are the issues to look for? are they reliable high freeway mileage cars? I'm seeing a few on sale in the 40k's with about 30-40k miles on them.. what should I be looking for when checking out the car?

thanks!

·
Registered
12,447 Posts
If you haven't searched the internet for for general automotive and video reviews yet...here's a great video review that touches on many of the things you'd find reading through forums and owner's experiences:

BTW/FYI: just remember that BMW doesn't have a "V6" engine...they are inline 6 (I6) engines. :)

·
Michael
2,307 Posts
Zero issues in 5 years and more powerful than you think, good MPG on motorways etc. easily 30+ even when pushing the car. A joy to drive and it has it's own sound from the exhaust. Ride very good but better with non runflats. The cabin is a joy to sit in very high quality. Your model year will have the upgraded IDrive system which came in 2017. The straight six is very smooth and bullet proof!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts