Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is you opinion on an annual trend in terms of incentives vs money factor vs residual?

I'd be interested to see the last few years charted out a bit in terms of "seasons" - I leased end-year, they push hard but its also a relatively new model at that point vs end of MY deals...

Is there a best season to lease historically? -- I'm saying aside from model revision "super-deals" (like the recent 5-series blow out at the end of last year) -- a historically best month (or quarter, etc) to lease?

From what I have seen in other posts the money factor an residual tend to do a bit of a see-saw and compensate for each other a bit.

·
Make Their Ass Quit!
1,281 Posts
All my killer lease deals have been in October-December timeframe over the past 5 years.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
yeah, trend seems to be october to year end. it is usually best in december, but on occasion october has been sweeter... this was the case on the X5 diesel last year.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So end year, beginning of year, and middle of year... :)

I am thinking the wisdom they tend to average out the factors ie you end up in a similar deal (aside from model changes etc. when they push a specific chassis) is true perhaps.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I got my 650 in November and got a real sweet deal, there were a lot of incentives.

·
Liked when BMW was in F1
977 Posts
So end year, beginning of year, and middle of year... :)

I am thinking the wisdom they tend to average out the factors ie you end up in a similar deal (aside from model changes etc. when they push a specific chassis) is true perhaps.
Inventory management and model life cycle play a lot, but overall what i an noticing is that there's always something for every type of buyer. Some are appealed by low interest rates/money factor while others will feel better by getting a money rebate.

·
Greg Poland Pacific BMW
3,135 Posts
November and Decemeber

·
Registered
115 Posts
November and Decemeber
Are you saying Nov/Dec are good months for incentive and discounts?

First timer here, thinking about leasing 335 or 528 for 2 year. still reading forum on various pointers on lease - MSD etc.

How should I track incentive/discounts for each months? Just look on bmw website or ping dealer each month?

can you give me some rough numbers on approx. monthly payment on base 335 & 528? with MSD payments.

Thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
December, for sure. Edit: oh and just so that you know November and December rates/residuals/programs are ALWAYS the same. Best time to be in the market for sure.

December 2009: Leased a $58k 535 demo for ~14k off MSRP. Base money factor and aq fee. Don't remember the exact number but ~$300 a month with $5.5k cap cost.

December 2012: Purchased a 528. Incentives at the time were: $1900 (nav) + $1000 (holiday) + $1000 (loyalty) + $1000 bmwcca + $1000 ultimate drive event (dealer mistake to be included but works for me...).

For comparison, we got a 2012 328 when they first came out in February/March and there were no incentives.

·
Greg Poland Pacific BMW
3,135 Posts
Shoot me a direct email and I can run numbers for you.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
[email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts