BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the part number for either a front console blank (where a switch goes) of the ones behind the e-brake? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kostverloren said:
Took a little bit of looking: Part# 51 16 8 398.:rolleyes:
I'm not familiar with bmw's part numbering scheme... isn't this part number supposed to have an extra 3 digits at the end... like xx-xx-x-xxx-xxx

did a search on bmw-auto-parts-dealer.com and didn't come up with anything.

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
BMcCoupe said:
I'm not familiar with bmw's part numbering scheme... isn't this part number supposed to have an extra 3 digits at the end... like xx-xx-x-xxx-xxx

did a search on bmw-auto-parts-dealer.com and didn't come up with anything.
My guess is 51 16 2 492 136 $7.10 retail. It is the blank with the sport aux switch in the pic.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ron, if i'm planning on using the dual fog switch for my sport mode mod... do i need to order this specific blank.... (did you have to cut the blank in order for the fog switch to fit??)

... was the blank precut? or does the fog light switch come as an assembled piece?

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
BMcCoupe said:
Ron, if i'm planning on using the dual fog switch for my sport mode mod... do i need to order this specific blank.... (did you have to cut the blank in order for the fog switch to fit??)
Yes. You have to modify the plate to accommodate the dual switch.
Not a big deal since the switch flange hides minor errors.

You also have to modify the switch for momentary action.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ron Stygar said:
Yes. You have to modify the plate to accommodate the dual switch.
Not a big deal since the switch flange hides minor errors.

You also have to modify the switch for momentary action.
The one in your pics show a slight sheen to the blank button... is there a difference in the one that was posted xxx 101 vs. xxx 136... one states in the desc. of the part that the 101 part is for regular z3... the other for m coupe... would that matter?

also, we're talking about regular blanks here, right? like, if i took one off right now, and i ordered this one, they would match?

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
BMcCoupe said:
The one in your pics show a slight sheen to the blank button... is there a difference in the one that was posted xxx 101 vs. xxx 136... one states in the desc. of the part that the 101 part is for regular z3... the other for m coupe... would that matter?

also, we're talking about regular blanks here, right? like, if i took one off right now, and i ordered this one, they would match?
101 is a switch (window, sunroof) plug. Won't work on the console.

If you look at my pic, the switch to the left of the dual fog switch is a window switch installed in the blank just like the dual fog switch accommodating the window switch. So the window switch plug 101 is smaller.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.