BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered new rear tires for my 325Ci replacing the very bald Conti Sport Contacts 245/40/ZR17. When the new tires arrived from the US they were Conti Sport Contact 2's. I went on the Continental website and they didn't even list my size of tires for the Contact 2 version. When I went on the German Continental website I at least found the tires that arrived.
I was under the impression that the Sport Contact versions were being discontinued but wasn't sure about the timing. Anyone know what BMW is putting on the new models? Is it the Conti Sport Contact 2?

Can anyone comment on ordering through the Tire Rack? I am in Canada and was impressed at the price shown for the tires I wanted. I was a little afraid of the duty and hidden charges once I received them though. I ended up paying $385/tire here in Edmonton...those being Conti Sport Contact 2's.
All said and done $832.00 for two tires balanced, installed, and road hazzard.
If all I have to add to the total once shipped is GST and duty which I believe is 14% total, it's a way better deal to order through Tire Rack, any comments please if you have ordered from Canada, thanks

·
Using SPF 45
3,672 Posts
BBBMW said:
I just ordered new rear tires for my 325Ci replacing the very bald Conti Sport Contacts 245/40/ZR17. When the new tires arrived from the US they were Conti Sport Contact 2's. I went on the Continental website and they didn't even list my size of tires for the Contact 2 version. When I went on the German Continental website I at least found the tires that arrived.
I was under the impression that the Sport Contact versions were being discontinued but wasn't sure about the timing. Anyone know what BMW is putting on the new models? Is it the Conti Sport Contact 2?
This may not be of much help, but when I called tirerack to get a replacement for a ContiSport (1), the price was much lower than they had been (only $128--i think that's a lot lower) and the contisport2s were in the low $200s. So Conti clearly is rolling out the new versions and the old ones are "old stock" that tirerack is unloading.

I would guess BMW will start using the new ones once the old stock is gone, but they may have gotten a good deal on "old" tires from Conti, so perhaps it will be a while. A dealer would have a better answer on that, because they'll see the newest.

·
Banned
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I am just going through the motions of seeing how much duty would be charged to bring them from Tire Rack to Alberta. They have the Sport Contacts on for $105 per tire. I paid $387 CDN per Sport Contact 2's

I guess the wear is better on the new versions but for the price if I can get em here, would be awesome.

·
Banned
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tire trends had no price listed for Contact 2's and the price for Contacts didn't have my 245/40/ZR17's Thanks anyway

1 - 5 of 5 Posts