BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ditched the run-flats for new Conti DWS. Ride is MUCH better; I feel like there's a little less connection to the road during hard cornering (think double +10 from the advisory signs).

All in all totally worth it; even though they look like mud tires I'm happy with the purchase!

Thanks to everyone who commented in the numerous which tires debates

·
Sleeper Wagon
729 Posts
Ditched the run-flats for new Conti DWS. Ride is MUCH better; I feel like there's a little less connection to the road during hard cornering (think double +10 from the advisory signs).

All in all totally worth it; even though they look like mud tires I'm happy with the purchase!

Thanks to everyone who commented in the numerous which tires debates
Have had mine for 12K miles and they are great in all kinds of weather here in NJ!

BTW - what made you get an all season tire in TX when it you could have gone more high performance with something like Continental Extreme Contact DW?

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Have had mine for 12K miles and they are great in all kinds of weather here in NJ!

BTW - what made you get an all season tire in TX when it you could have gone more high performance with something like Continental Extreme Contact DW?
How did you like the DWS in the winter?

·
Sleeper Wagon
729 Posts
How did you like the DWS in the winter?
They were very good - not "snow tire grippy" (I have Conti snows on my Infiniti) but close. One of the best all seasons out there. If it wasn't for the snow here, I'd have the Conti DW. WAY better than the OEM Eagle RSA's and better than Yokohama Avid S4.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went with the DWS due to the lack of space for storing a 2nd set of tires for the winter, I've got family in the Midwest and it sucks there in the winter. The DWS made the most sense; I'm pleased so far.

·
East Coast Commuter
4,630 Posts
Guys..I was just going to post a thread about this myself. I am considering the Conti DWS' myself, but for longevity rather than bad weather. Here is my concern...I do not need the bad weather capability, but am tired of changing rears every 10-15k miles (I drive 30k miles a year). I do mostly highway, but do appreciate the good conerning ability of the Potenza RE050A's and my current tire the Potenza RE760 sports. What I do not like is the poor wear of the two aforementioned tires. Exactly how much cornering capability am I going to lose if I switch to DWS' over the ones I have now? How long are you guys getting on the rear DWS's with the sport package wheels? TIA for your help.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Just put the DW's on my NSX--highly recommended by the tire gurus on NSX Prime--and like them a lot so far, and will also consider them for the 535 when the 960s need replacing.. The DWS will go on my allroad (ski vehicle) if I keep it that long.

Spyder

·
Registered
200 Posts
DWS are pretty decent in winter. I had Michelin primacy all season before and DWS are better in snow.

·
BMW Enthusiast!
5,679 Posts
I have these on my 530xi. Nice tires!

I have Michelin Primacy on my X3 which also work great in NH!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts