Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if ZHP control arms Part #: 3112228212x is compatible with 2000 323i suspension. I've read on the forum that ZHP control arm has metal ball joints and should last longer than regular OEM arm. Can I replace regular control arm with ZHP?

Any suggestions are welcome.

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
Yes, fully compatible.

The Mehle HD arms are cheaper and probably as good, however. Check out oembimmerparts.com.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
ZHP arm description on Turner motor sport page is following: ***8220;and a great upgrade for all cars that did not come with them, as they feature solid ball joints (no rubber failure prone ball joints here!) and overall are "more beefy" and durable.***8221; - not clear if this applicable to any e46.

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
Thanks,
ZHP arm description on Turner motor sport page is following: "and a great upgrade for all cars that did not come with them, as they feature solid ball joints (no rubber failure prone ball joints here!) and overall are "more beefy" and durable." - not clear if this applicable to any e46.
As I said, Yes

They're compatible with all non-xi E46s.

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,901 Posts
Thanks,
ZHP arm description on Turner motor sport page is following: "and a great upgrade for all cars that did not come with them, as they feature solid ball joints (no rubber failure prone ball joints here!) and overall are "more beefy" and durable." - not clear if this applicable to any e46.

The non ZHP Meyle HD arms feature an upgraded ball joint design too. I just installed them on my 99 323.

Here's a pic of a 99 323 arm vs. the new Meyle HD. Check with MAX at OEM Bimmer Parts, he has the best and hooked me up with these.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again for the input.
I hate to beat the dead horse, but are there any drawbacks in using ZHP arms?
How long should they last vs Meyle.

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
Thanks again for the input.
I hate to beat the dead horse, but are there any drawbacks in using ZHP arms?
How long should they last vs Meyle.
No drawbacks

and there are way too many factors to really determine life (heck, there's not even a measurable point at which the ball joints go from 'good' to 'bad').

1 - 15 of 15 Posts