BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that I know the answer to this but just want to verify.
While you can open the windows and sunroof via the remote on the coupe you can not close them the same way. On the convertible you can raise the roof and shut the windows using the remote but apparently not on the coupe.

·
*Da Butter Pecan Papi*
2,261 Posts
Nope... However, I think that you can put your key in the door and close the windows by turning it. I'm not sure on that one though.

·
Flying monkey herder
8,166 Posts

·
*Da Butter Pecan Papi*
2,261 Posts
Aren't they giving out manuals any more? What's the world coming to?
It's not that serious to me so didn't bother looking it up.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
I remember in our EU-spec 118i rental, I had to try convenience close. I was thrilled beyond belief when I could do so by holding the lock button on the remote (not possible in the US due to lawsuit fears).

I probably looked like an idiot standing there, crying " YES! THAT'S SO COOL " in the car park.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I think that I know the answer to this but just want to verify.
While you can open the windows and sunroof via the remote on the coupe you can not close them the same way. On the convertible you can raise the roof and shut the windows using the remote but apparently not on the coupe.
If you have Comfort Access you can also hold your finger on the ridge and it will convenience close. As others have said, it is true you can't do it with the remote on U.S. cars.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Aren't they giving out manuals any more? What's the world coming to?
The manual is incomplete on this topic so the question is warranted. You get about two sentences and that's it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts