BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your 7 series came with the smoker's package, the front center console panel comes with an ashtray.

I don't smoke but I do like to have a place to put odds and ends.

You can remove the ashtray and replace it with a rubber tray #14 in the diagram.

BMW Part Number 51 45 9 182 286. $30.

jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I think your item number is incorrect. It shows up as something else.

Also, is there anyway to easily remove the snap-in adapter compartment.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I think your item number is incorrect. It shows up as something else.

Also, is there anyway to easily remove the snap-in adapter compartment.
That is the correct part number. BMW calls it a MAT.

This is NOT in the center armrest console, this is in-front of the cupholder between the driver and passenger.

Here is a TSB that describes in great detail how to remove the snap-in adapter.

jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 750i, 2015 535i
657 Posts
If your 7 series came with the smoker's package, the front center console panel comes with an ashtray...You can remove the ashtray and replace it with a rubber tray #14 in the diagram.

BMW Part Number 51 45 9 182 286. $30.
Interesting. Did you remove the lighter and the wiring? If so, how long did it take?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting. Did you remove the lighter and the wiring? If so, how long did it take?
I didn't have to. I yanked out the ashtray and insert the mat, perfect fit. I just shoved a flush-mount USB receptacle in its place.

jeff

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
But more junk = more dirt.

Does the snap-in adapter menu still show up as no device compatible or snap-in isn't there at all in the idrive?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I think the whole point to delete the snap-in adapter would be to put a box of tissues inside along side a garbage compartment with an ionizer to take the smell away..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Joined just to say thank you to the OP for this. just ordered my insert.
A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Why not just put the things in the ashtray though?
Tried this, but the outer lips on this thing are a bit thick and there is about a quarter-sized nub where you squash your cigarette into to put it out... Overall didn't leave enough room to even put my sunglasses.
The replacement insert was only 30 bucks so since I'm OCD I just had to give it a try. It's the only place I can reasonably store my shades.
:cool:

Also have on order the BMW rechargeable LED torch, which will replace the cigarette lighter!

·
Unregistered Unuser
84 Posts
Tried this, but the outer lips on this thing are a bit thick and there is about a quarter-sized nub where you squash your cigarette into to put it out... Overall didn't leave enough room to even put my sunglasses.
The replacement insert was only 30 bucks so since I'm OCD I just had to give it a try. It's the only place I can reasonably store my shades.
:cool:

Also have on order the BMW rechargeable LED torch, which will replace the cigarette lighter!
let us know the number (although I use it to charge dashcam and wireless iphone charger)
I know there is a wireless charger insert made in china for f15 and f30 instead of the ashtray but f01-02 is always away from trends

1 - 20 of 21 Posts