BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much trouble is the hardtop to put on and take off? How much does it weigh? Does it have to be ordered with the car, or can you order it later? (I mean sooner than later, before they change paint colors.) Thanks, this is the last decision I have to make before order.

·
5,820 Posts
Stevarino said:
How much trouble is the hardtop to put on and take off? How much does it weigh? Does it have to be ordered with the car, or can you order it later? (I mean sooner than later, before they change paint colors.) Thanks, this is the last decision I have to make before order.
Very easy with two people, impossible with one (my wife and I do it). 88 pounds, it's aluminum. Cheaper to order with car than aftermarket by about $500 (installation kit and labor). Do it OEM, it's a great item.

Look at my hardtop pics in my signature link.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Does the car ride any different with the hardtop on? I have not owned a convertable for a while, and that one was a Ford Mustang, with a lot of cowl shake. I was wondering if the hardtop when it was on the car made any difference in the perceived rigidity of the frame.

Thanks,

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked at your car pics. Great photo work. I have decided to get the hardtop. I is like getting a car with two personalities for an extra $2,300.

·
5,820 Posts
Stevarino said:
Thanks for the info. Does the car ride any different with the hardtop on? I have not owned a convertable for a while, and that one was a Ford Mustang, with a lot of cowl shake. I was wondering if the hardtop when it was on the car made any difference in the perceived rigidity of the frame.

Thanks,
Seems a bit stiffer but not significant. Quieter. Feels totally like a coupe, it's a beautiful hardtop with a molded headliner and rear courtesy/reading lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.