BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being picked up and taken to the dealership to get my E93 in an hour and had a quick question as it's my first cabrio:

I notice that disgusting cigarette smokers leave their windows open and pollute our air and then to finish their ugly habit they flick their butts out the window.

Does that mean that I'm free to flick my straw wrappers out the window after getting an iced decaf from Dunkin' Donuts? Now that I'm moving up in the world to a BMW, there's no room for rolled up paper wrappers in my life anymore and since I'm not polluting the atmosphere with tar and nicotine and the wrappers biodegrade faster than a butt would, it's okay. Is there a definitive answer?

BJ

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
You get bonus points for hitting a smoker :beerchug:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Good Lord man, you can not park a BMW in front of a Dunkin Donuts! What would the neighbors think?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Good Lord man, you can not park a BMW in front of a Dunkin Donuts! What would the neighbors think?
he's right, I take my bicycle when I go to get coffee. Dont want the poor people to feel uncomfortable...

·
Registered
374 Posts
Is there a definitive answer?
I'd leave your opinions of what you think of people who smoke to yourself :thumbup:

You should be speaking about the true issue: the majority of smokers who litter the earth with their cig. butts. Honestly, throwing anything on the ground is littering, however, cig butt litter is a rather large problem, especially at beaches.

In my experience, it is impossible to have an intelligent discussion with a smoker about cig. butt littering because they - in my experiene - shift the blame to other people who litter.

Some jackass resident was walking toward the entrance to our building. Before he entered, he took a puff and then threw his cig. butt onto the ground. I loudly responded, "Hey, I think you dropped something." He responded with an, "Oh.. yeah," and then proceeded to pick up the - still burning - cig. butt.

We've got a guy in our building who lives on the second floor who likes to throw his used cigar butts onto the parking lot. Inconsiderate prick :mad: I've considered collecting them and dumping them onto his front door threshold.

I'd like to see a smoker visit Singapore and try to get away with throwing a cig. butt on the ground.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
I so love torturing non smokers :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
I so love torturing non smokers :)
Torture? Throwing a cig. butt doesn't torture me.

What it does do is tell me that the person who is doing it is an inconsiderate prick who lives in a vacuum. It's a behavioral trait that can tell you a great deal about that person without even speaking to them.

·
only one screen name
8,456 Posts

What it does do is tell me that the person who is doing it is an inconsiderate prick who lives in a vacuum. It's a behavioral trait that can tell you a great deal about that person without even speaking to them.
see... ? and by making you get all worked up about it, all takin yourself so seriously and everything, even for that split second you are, indeed, tortured.

Mission accomplished.

·
Squeal like a BMW
6,604 Posts

+1

I also every now and then see people tossing an entire bag of fast food trash out the window onto the interstate or street and I don't see that any differently than someone tossing a cigarette butt.

This thread belongs in Off Topic.

·
Registered
728 Posts
If you think throwing cigarette butts out the window it "harmless", tell that to the 40 or so people who died in a fire when a truck blew up in a tunnel, because a cigarette got ingested into the engine.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Re the OP. I would say that no self-respecting bimmer (especially a vert owner) should throw anything out of the window, other than nods of acknowledgment to people who admire their car. :angel:

·
Registered
374 Posts
see... ? and by making you get all worked up about it, all takin yourself so seriously and everything, even for that split second you are, indeed, tortured.

Mission accomplished.
Oh.. I didn't realize that explaining something constituted getting "worked up." :dunno:

·
BMW Fahrer
4,674 Posts
Yes, I think we should electrocute all those who litter - I mean, why stop at cigarette butts? Soda containers, food wrappers, and especially those pesky kids who throw their disgusting polluting chewing gum.

Mother Earth would surely thank us.

Wait a minute, I think we should also include those driving automobiles, who dare pollute our dearest air and warm our cool climate all in the name of "convenience". Now I'm really warming up and getting some good ideas, I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I would wait until you see a smoker littering - and yes it is littering even though you smokers think it is an exceptable thing to throw your trash out the window - get in front of him, then toss the whole coffee, not just the straw wrapper. Don't worry they may chase you don't, but are unlikely to live long enough to really make your life difficult!

·
ANDY is always with me
1,888 Posts
Just for argument sake, I agree that throwing cigarette butts out the window is selfish and rude behavior. On the other hand, those tossed out butts and other pieces of litter provide civic jobs to countless numbers of men, women, and aimless youth around the country. The same can be said for paper cups, straw wrappers, bags (paper or plastic), and burger containers. Disclaimer: I am not a smoker nor am I a politician.

·
In vino veritas
3,374 Posts
The best part about a roofless car is that throwing grenades at other drivers becomes that much easier.

·
Automotive Monomaniac
10,706 Posts
Yes, I think we should electrocute all those who litter - I mean, why stop at cigarette butts? Soda containers, food wrappers, and especially those pesky kids who throw their disgusting polluting chewing gum.

Mother Earth would surely thank us.
I am a chewing gum thrower... :eeps:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.