BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Convertible Mode" and other iDrive Goodies - Available in Non-iDrive Versions?

I read the entire owners manual on flights these past two days and have some questions regarding which of the iDrive settings tweaks are/aren't available on the non-iDrive E9X's.

For example, there's a custom memory setting for climate control called "convertible mode" that's called out in the manual that doesn't clarify if it's iDrive-only or if it's able to be set on the non-iDrive cars.

Is there a definitive list of settings that can be adjusted in non-iDrive cars? The manual is really lacking in its clarity on this point. I realize that iDrive offers a lot more tweaking than the non-iDrive cars; just looking for a list of what I will be able to adjust in a non-iDrive car.

TIA

BJ

·
Registered
340 Posts
I don't have "convertible mode" in my non-iDrive car, although the guy who delivered my car in Munich said that it would automatically switch to external temperature when the top is down. In practice, this seems to be true.

·
Banned
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have "convertible mode" in my non-iDrive car, although the guy who delivered my car in Munich said that it would automatically switch to external temperature when the top is down. In practice, this seems to be true.
Thanks.

Do you own the windscreen? If so, do you think it's 100% essential or not?

BJ

·
Worlds Foremost Authority
15,956 Posts
Thanks.

BJ
It is not essential but it makes driving on Intersates with the top down more pleasant.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks.

BJ
I wasn't going to buy the windscreen after reading all of the threads, but my dealer threw it in after all the problems I had getting my car. After using the windscreen, I would definitely recommend puchasing one if you're doing any amount of highway driving.

·
Banned
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wasn't going to buy the windscreen after reading all of the threads, but my dealer threw it in after all the problems I had getting my car. After using the windscreen, I would definitely recommend puchasing one if you're doing any amount of highway driving.
Thanks everyone. I thought about the fact that most mornings I drop the kids off at school/camp and then take the 20 minute ride down to my office. I don't think I'd install/uninstall/install/uninstall this every day so I guess I'm going to pass.

BJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.