BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I am new here. I have a problem with the convertible top. It comes off normally, no problem here. But when it closes, fins at the back of the top do not go to their places. Two large pins at the back do not go to their designated holes/grooves(pointed with red arrows). They are about an inch off. So, the back window cannot go up and top does not close properly.

Currently, I close to the the point where pins are very close to surface, then I manually push them to their holes and continue closing by pressing the button.

Do you have any idea what might be the problem? Should I go to dealership or upholstery to fix this?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,980 Posts
Afraid I have a coupe so my response will be a bit limited, as I understand it you can stop the roof in the mid way position by taking your finger off the button while its only half closed so I'd try that and take a look to see if there is any debris in there or anything out of place that may stop it from fully closing.
There's several people on here that have had various roof issues and they'll be along in a while with some much better suggestions for you.

·
Michael
2,309 Posts
This post should be moved to the F12/13 forum. I will check mine to see what he means!

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Hi guys. I am new here. I have a problem with the convertible top. It comes off normally, no problem here. But when it closes, fins at the back of the top do not go to their places. Two large pins at the back do not go to their designated holes/grooves(pointed with red arrows). They are about an inch off. So, the back window cannot go up and top does not close properly.

Currently, I close to the the point where pins are very close to surface, then I manually push them to their holes and continue closing by pressing the button.

Do you have any idea what might be the problem? Should I go to dealership or upholstery to fix this?

Thanks.
It sounds like something in the Vert frame is bent. Both sides are off the same amount?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It sounds like something in the Vert frame is bent. Both sides are off the same amount?
In the beginning left side was working fine, only right side was off. I used convertible top 2-3 times, then left side became off too. Currently right side is a bit more off than left side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts