BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
521 Posts
I just got a 2012 550i, with M sports package. I love my new car!!!! What are some cool INEXPENSIVE accessories that some of you have purchased for your cars??
I'm not sure the words inexpensive and BMW can be used in the same sentence.:rofl:

· Registered
339 Posts
How about a Zaino car polish kit to protect the paint job?

· Registered
66 Posts
Little things I have done are:

bmwpedals.com - Black w/ ///M logo on dead pedal
Cocomats - Black w/white dots
XPEL Ultimate on front bumper, mirrors, door edges and trunk opening
LED light replacement lights for door courtesy lights and trunk lights
Replaced/upgraded all cleaning tools and supplies
New oil drain pan that will hold the 9 qt. capacity of the N63

The first two, either together or alone, make a big difference in the interior look and neither is particularly expensive. Good bang for the buck on both.

Not so small:
Forged wheels should be here in couple of weeks.

· Registered
322 Posts

· Registered
1,420 Posts
I have BMW's trunk liner, cargo net, and all-weather floor mats. I bought a flex RO polisher (upgrade from Porter Cable, which worked decently) and a ton of detailing stuff from Phil at detailersdomain.com.

My biggest mod may be snow tires.

Congrats.

· Registered
26 Posts
It is very slim and fits the iphone with case perfectly. Even has a small hole in the bottom for the charging cable.

I'm 6'4" 230lbs and it does't get in my way. If the seat was further forward it possibly could but I doubt it. I figured for ~$25 it was worth trying.

· Familienwappen
921 Posts
Best inexpensive mods IMO is to get the car programmed to turn on those things that should have been done at the factory. Check the coding thread for details.

· Registered
370 Posts

· Registered
370 Posts
If you want a cheap accessory or modification that has a fairly dramatic effect on the look of the car, color matching the front reflectors is the way to go. My signature picture has that mod ("accessory").

Also something I think helps the interior greatly is getting rid of those airbag warning stickers on the visors. There are threads here on that. It's really easy and I can help you with that if you want to go that route.

· Registered
210 Posts
BMS Stage 1, easy to install and remove for service visits. Gets you more power and improves fuel economy if driven modestly.

Cost new $449, if your patient you can find a used one for $200-$250.

Mike

· Registered
727 Posts
BMW Watch on your arm out the window.
Adds a nice touch. Mine is Black on my Space Grey paint.

· Registered
916 Posts
Also something I think helps the interior greatly is getting rid of those airbag warning stickers on the visors. There are threads here on that. It's really easy and I can help you with that if you want to go that route.
+1! The interior looks so much cleaner and nicer without those stupid stickers. They come off perfectly in under 10 minutes and cost virtually nothing if you use rubbing alcohol which most people have around the house anyway.

· Registered
1,469 Posts
Just received a center console Cell Phone "holster" from the ebay seller below. Not really a fan of keeping the phone in the center console for short trips around town. This holster is perfect and was custom made for the F10.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141646899108
Just had an '15 F10 535xi for a loaner yesterday while my F30 was in getting the fuel pump replaced. My issue in both cars is nowhere to put put my phone besides in the cup holder while driving. While this one is is F10 specific, I gotta save it as I don't know if this time next year I am going to be looking at getting another new F30, or if I'm going to have a 2nd car seat, then it will be a used F10.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.