BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past week of either recharging my battery or getting a jump from a friendly neighbor finally made me get off my but to autozone today and get the 49-DL battery.

When I popped the trunk (doors still locked) and took the positive terminal off the battery, there was a two second pause and then the alarm went off! With no battery attached! Of course I tried using the key to turn the alarm off but with no battery pulgged in the key didn't work. So I re-touched the positive terminal and hit the unlock button - and the alarm got louder. Cool little feature so noone can short your car or disconnect the battery to try and steal stuff - or at least not quietly. I wonder where the electricity gets stored for the alarm, since the alarm's quieter than with the battery plugged in it's probably a low-powered capacitor somewhere.

Anywho, just wanted to share

·
Registered
841 Posts
The alarm module has a battery in it to sound off if the power is cut while the alarm is armed. U probably did that when you left the doors unlocked and then cut the power.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts