BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

So i figured out why the check light was flashing and the coolant light was coming on. I assumed it was the Coolant level sensor located on the Coolant resevoir tank, hoping and praying it wouldn't be more. Well I was right! replaced the sensor and the lights went off. The BIG Q. is, is when i removed the old one, i noticed the dreaded "milky substance" on the sensor, along with some black oily residue. I cleaned it off the rim of the tank opening and checked the fluid to see if it was in the collant... couldn't really tell, the coolant was yellow/greenish, as it should be. So, i crossed my fingers and checked the oil cap on the valve cover. ........ No milky residue! So is this any indication i should be aware of? The owner previous to me had run the engine hot... apparently guages mean nothing to that guy.. he had everything replaced and checked out at the BMW shop... i guess they forgot to change the sensor switch. IF anyone has run into somehting similar or have any suggestions please help!!!
Joe

1 - 1 of 1 Posts