Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a 2002 318i m sport 2ltr petrol. Anyway It appears that I have a coolant leak I noticed this a couple of weeks ago as my car was overheating and when i checked for coolant it was low. I have had to do this every few days. Also the heater is not heating up.

My budget is a bit tight at the moment so id rather try fix the problem myself . I topped the coolant up today and started it from cold let it run for a few minutes the turned it off. When I exited the car I could see coolant gushing out from underneath the car. I assume this is where the leak is.

It appears to be coming from a large steel pipe? which is located towards the back of the engine behind the auxiliary fan belt. Can anyone offer me advice on this issue?

·
Need for Speed
483 Posts
Yes, stop driving the car until you replace the pipe and other cooling system parts and properly bleed the coolant of air. Search the forum and wiki for cooling DIY's.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Yes, stop driving the car until you replace the pipe and other cooling system parts and properly bleed the coolant of air. Search the forum and wiki for cooling DIY's.
Agree. You'll just ruin the engine if you overheat it. Most of us have the 6 cylinder engines over here, but we're getting more 4-cylinder owners every day. They may be able to advise you better on this pipe.

also, realoem.com lets you look at schematics and get part numbers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts