BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 BMW E39 530I
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, another problem came up as soon as I started driving the car. Started the car up and friend noticed something leaking from the rear half of the car. Looked underneath and it looked like a coolant. Saw 2 lines running on the right side of the car which led to the rear seats I believe, does anyone know what size the lines are? I was thinking to just put a U shaped tube and strap it there
Here are some pics of where it was leaking
Tire Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
653 Posts
identify the liquid first. also its summer and you probably have the ac on and the condensation leaks from the vent tub around the middle of the car. hopefully thats not fuel but I think you would have smelled that

·
Registered
2003 BMW E39 530I
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
identify the liquid first. also its summer and you probably have the ac on and the condensation leaks from the vent tub around the middle of the car. hopefully thats not fuel but I think you would have smelled that
Smells like nothin, looks like coolant. Leaks crazy when the car is turned on. Leaves stains on the driveway, and looks yellow-greenish in colour

·
Registered
2003 BMW E39 530I
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was the AC on?
Turn the AC off and see if the leak disappears.

Do a more detail inspection, drive car up on ramps and look more closely.
AC doesnt have any effect, wouldnt even say its leaking, more like pouring. after draining a bit of coolant and starting the car up for a short period of time leak almost disappeared dripping only 1 drop maybe a minute which i found pretty odd, will attach an image of the lines that carry that liquid
Tire Automotive tire Wood Tread Synthetic rubber

1 - 9 of 9 Posts