BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I recently had my water pump replaced on my 1989 535i in september before I drove to florida along with some hoses. 2 weeks ago it started overheating and when i opened the hood coolant was leaking from the cap on the coolant tank. I took it into the shop down here and they said the casing for the water pump had bad seals and needed to be replaced. I had it replaced and they also told me my 02 sensor was bad and that the temperature gage would read its overheating and the coolant level was low but everything was great and there was no other problems with the car. In total i had spent 1300 on parts and labor for 2 water pumps. Today the same thing happened and the car started smoking, I opened the hood and it was leaking from the cap again. I would appreciate any help guys. THANKS

·
Registered
887 Posts
take it back, drop kick them and yell at the manager to fix it because his/her shop made you spend $1300

·
Lucky to drive a BMW
1,356 Posts
Sorry to hear about your 535i Just replacing one thing in a cooling system lessens the odds of solving the problem. I would research the symptoms here and then take action. If the smoke you saw was steam. Stop and do a compression test on all 6 cylinders.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts