BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to use just the corona ring lights as Daytime Running Lights? When I select Daytime Running Light through the iDrive, the inner two headlights come on. I have seen other 5 series on road with just the corona lights on during the daytime. The only way I can achieve this is by turning my parking lights on. Is this the only way to do it or am I missing something?

· Everything's Bigger in TX
7,193 Posts
You have a 528 with no Xenons? Sounds like it, because on the Xenon equipped cars, I don't think there is anything illuminated other than the Corona rings as DRL's.

7,193 Posts
Aha. For that I have no answer, sorry. You may have to simply run with the switch to parking lights.

· Registered
97 Posts
This answers my questions how to keep corona rings on which are a hallmark of BMWs

My xenon headlight on high beam really shoots very high , higher than the cars (non BMW, non xenons) I have driven in the past. Is that normal ? Sometimes I feel the birds in the trees at night must be hating me as it lights up high trees. Do others have similar experience

7,193 Posts
This answers my questions how to keep corona rings on which are a hallmark of BMWs

My xenon headlight on high beam really shoots very high , higher than the cars (non BMW, non xenons) I have driven in the past. Is that normal ? Sometimes I feel the birds in the trees at night must be hating me as it lights up high trees. Do others have similar experience
Yes, mine are pretty high. But they illuminate the road too, which is important.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.