Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found out that my company is enrolled in the Corporate Fleet discount with BMW. However when bringing this up to a dealership they stated BMW cancelled this October 1st of this year. I cannot find any information around this. Another dealer asked my employer for any possible discounts last month. Can someone confirm this program was cancelled or the dealership is not being 100% truthful? Thanks.

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
I recently found out that my company is enrolled in the Corporate Fleet discount with BMW. However when bringing this up to a dealership they stated BMW cancelled this October 1st of this year. I cannot find any information around this. Another dealer asked my employer for any possible discounts last month. Can someone confirm this program was cancelled or the dealership is not being 100% truthful? Thanks.
As stated, there is no corporate discount for individuals right now, at least through the end of the year. No idea what might happen next year, but all corporate discounts were ended (well, all the ones that individuals use, true fleet purchases by businesses are different to my understanding).

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Interesting to see what happens next year, if the lack of a corporate discount is going to sway customers in another direction. MBUSA for example still has corporate discounts w/ USAA, PenFed, and even United Airlines. And that last one only requires being a part of the frequent flyer program, not even an employee.

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
Interesting to see what happens next year, if the lack of a corporate discount is going to sway customers in another direction. MBUSA for example still has corporate discounts w/ USAA, PenFed, and even United Airlines. And that last one only requires being a part of the frequent flyer program, not even an employee.
BMWs current policies already had me look at other brands and ultimately decide to go elsewhere for my daily driver. If I had been able to get another 4 series for similar to what I paid before, I likely would have done so without evaluating much else.

In this case, I am very happy with my decision (and we will still have a BMW in the family as we are replacing my wifes X5d with an X3 M40), but the changes absolutely had an effect on me and my decision making process. I figure I am not alone, either.

·
Registered
12,721 Posts
BMWs current policies already had me look at other brands and ultimately decide to go elsewhere for my daily driver. If I had been able to get another 4 series for similar to what I paid before, I likely would have done so without evaluating much else.
As predicted BMWFS needs to revert back to norm when the free money era starts to phase out, so NMW lease terms these days are more in line with industry standard.

This is a good sign for purchases, e.g. BMWFS at some point offers more incentives to cash/finance than lease, and that is music to my ears. :)

In general BMWFS and BMWNA need to deal with the glut of lease returns and reposition to encourage customers to buy brand new or buyout lease returns, at the expense of serial lessees.

·
Registered
956 Posts

In this case, I am very happy with my decision (and we will still have a BMW in the family as we are replacing my wifes X5d with an X3 M40), but the changes absolutely had an effect on me and my decision making process. I figure I am not alone, either.

JJ, what did you end up getting as your daily driver?

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts