BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2001 740il. When I bought it, it didn't have a splash pan so I just bought one and much to my surprise, it doesn't come with the screws to hold it in place.

Can anyone tell me what size these screws are?

Thanks

·
Certifiable BMW Whackjob!
6,830 Posts
Screws? I know the E90 uses screws but someone please correct me here if I'm wrong - the E38 splash shield uses flattened pins that just need a quarter turn.

Have you checked realoem for the part number? Although, I bought a shield for the E46 and it came with them installed.

sent from the future using the bimmerfest app embedded in my nueral implant

·
Registered
12,887 Posts
Ditto comments above...I believe you need #24s (and perhaps the circlips too, #25s). If you go to the database...copy and paste the 11 digit BMW part nbr for #24...then call you local BMW dealership's parts department and ask for a price quote for that part nbr. You can also go online to get an idea of what vendors are selling them for. It may be cheaper to order them from your local dealer and pay local taxes vs buying online and paying shipping...unless you can find a vendor that will through in free shipping...which may require a minimum purchase amount.

Good luck...your local BMW dealership's parts department can also verify if you have the correct part nbr, too.

{BMW part nbr 51718218852}

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.