BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a 2003 330i (ZHP) and I want to upgrade the exhaust. I am leaning towards the Corsa TSE3 but I can’t decide between the "Light" version (which is Axle-Back) or the full Cat-Back system.

I have listened to several YouTube clips and they all sound different. I was wondering if anybody in our group has the "Light" version (preferably on an E46). I am wanting to ask if the Light version still has that trailing throttle sound (The bops and gurgle sounds you hear when decelerating in second gear) or if that is only the full cat-back system?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello all, I have a 2003 330i (ZHP) and I want to upgrade the exhaust. I am leaning towards the Corsa TSE3 but I can’t decide between the "Light" version (which is Axle-Back) or the full Cat-Back system.

I have listened to several YouTube clips and they all sound different. I was wondering if anybody in our group has the "Light" version (preferably on an E46). I am wanting to ask if the Light version still has that trailing throttle sound (The bops and gurgle sounds you hear when decelerating in second gear) or if that is only the full cat-back system?

Thanks for your help.

·
Supporting Bimmerfest
588 Posts
I can't add too much specifics to your inquiry, but I can add this.....

I've installed various model Corsa exhausts to about five previous vehicles and EVERY one of them have left a smile on my face.....and a face on my smile.

Everything from build quality to sound quality to ease of installation to appearance to customer service has been nothing short of exceptional.

Top-shelf product.

Good luck.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,318 Posts
IMHO, exhaust sound is a very personal thing, and there are so many options to choose from. Just find the one that sounds best to your ears, and go with it. I would avoid anything that creates a droning sound in the 2000-3500 RPM range.

·
ZHP Baby!
219 Posts
I recently bought the axle back Corsa for my ZHP, and I love it. It does not drone at all, in fact, I wish it were louder on the highway, but it does add a small increase in exhaust volume and "richness". I have no idea how much louder the full system would be. It does not give the 'bops and gurgle" sounds you were referring to. ;)

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Another corsa vote though I don't have one on my bmw. I'm about to replace the exhaust on my vette and corsa is about the only system that doesn't have exhaust drone noise while cruising. So again corsa makes an excellent product and well worth the $1200 it cost for my vette even though I could use a different brand for as low as $395. I loath exhaust drone and its the only system Ive found that seems to care about it. Lifetime warranty is a plus too :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.