BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm just curious if any of you have gotten a price form your BMW dealership to replace all the brakes on your X5. When I purchased our CPO, they wanted to sell me a 'maintenance policy' to cover this, telling me the $$$ it cost to redo brakes. I'm a wrencher & do all my own work like this but wondering what the dealer chargers. I heard a number like $2300 to $3000 for an Audi Q7. Crazy numbers. Is this correct or is someone pulling my leg?

·
Ziggy.
424 Posts
Guys, I'm just curious if any of you have gotten a price form your BMW dealership to replace all the brakes on your X5. When I purchased our CPO, they wanted to sell me a 'maintenance policy' to cover this, telling me the $$$ it cost to redo brakes. I'm a wrencher & do all my own work like this but wondering what the dealer chargers. I heard a number like $2300 to $3000 for an Audi Q7. Crazy numbers. Is this correct or is someone pulling my leg?
At my dealer i think its around 900 bucks for front 700 for rear. not exactly sure tho. 2 hrs labor an axle +parts.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At my dealer i think its around 900 bucks for front 700 for rear. not exactly sure tho. 2 hrs labor an axle +parts.
@Ziggy......that's about what I thought. BMW retail is approx. $1700 parts +Labor @ $135 x 4 =$540 = $2,240 + 7% tax = $2400

·
Registered
377 Posts
It should NOT cost more than $1k total. Find yourself good indy shop yo install it if you don't want DIY. Parts # attached with pricing from www.advantagebmwparts.com
@MareBMW........Yes, I do my own brake work & can do it for a fraction (much less) than dealer or indy shop.
Then your cost will be parts and little bit of sweat. In regards to maintenance plan and brakes, they need to be below 3mm for bmw to replace them. In my case at 90k original brakes are at 6 & 9 mm therefore BMW says no need to replace it. May just swap pads and sensors and move on as maintenance plan expires in 10k. Thank God i didn't pay for maintenance plan or would be pissed of on the cost of few extra oli and filters changes.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
900/700 including labor i believe.
@ Ziggy.......No, Parts only. After your post, I looked up all the major parts; Pads, Rotors, Clips & sensors & checked MSRP @ online BMW stores & parts came to approx. $1700. I didn't know how many hrs labor they charged for this, so took your 2+2, which sounded about correct for 'Book Time'. I realize you can buy BMW parts discounted from 20%-30% from several sites, and some for much less than that without the 'BMW' stamped on them. I usually buy OE/OEM quality parts at much lower costs & my labor is really cheap at my stage in life. (I'm retired) I was a tooling engineer & Project manager for 40 years, supplying 1st & 2nd tier mfg. like Pierburg, Bosch, Dana, Siemens, VDO, DRÄXLMAIER, Delco, Continental, Magneti Marelli, etc. and saw how they supplied BMW & aftermarket parts, having to meet Tier 1 quality control standards.
I was just looking for someone that actually had the brake work done at a BMW Dealership to see an actual invoice cost.
Thanks for your reply.

·
Ziggy.
424 Posts
if i were you id get brembo/zimmermann aftermarkets nd call it good. maintence plan is nice depending on price if you cant do your own work. id personally only get if you live in a rust belt state.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if i were you id get brembo/zimmermann aftermarkets nd call it good. maintence plan is nice depending on price if you cant do your own work. id personally only get if you live in a rust belt state.
@Ziggy........The CPO maintenance plane was pretty pricey from Century BMW, which I assume is pretty standard for all BMW Dealers. I have been doing brakes since I started driving & all my bimmer work. FCPEuro shows Zimmerman as the OEM for the rotors. All that means is they were the cheapest bidder when purchasing went out for quotes. Been there done it. Lots of good manufactures out there for daily driver cars, as I don't track my cars.
Thanks again for you info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts