1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
8-10k and thats prob rebuilt.

·
Registered
80 Posts
go to realoem.com and get the part number... then go to getbmwparts.com and enter that part number...then add for labor haha

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Anyone know what this cost - transmission and "install"........03 745?
About 5K from AAMCO, around 7-10 @ the dealer with their labor rates. The trans is pretty expensive by itself (remanufactured one). What sort of problems are you having?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
About 5K from AAMCO, around 7-10 @ the dealer with their labor rates. The trans is pretty expensive by itself (remanufactured one). What sort of problems are you having?
Started hearing a whistling sound coming from the engine area, so took the car to the dealership....the tech stuck his stethoscope under the car and said he thinks a pump in the transmission was shot - apparently they don't replace those, they said they would need to replace the transmission!

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Started hearing a whistling sound coming from the engine area, so took the car to the dealership....the tech stuck his stethoscope under the car and said he thinks a pump in the transmission was shot - apparently they don't replace those, they said they would need to replace the transmission!
Pump in the transmission? IMO just make sure you replace the fluid regularly with some good stuff and it should be fine. A whistling noise isn't much to worry about replacing a whole darn transmission over. How many miles are on it?

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Just under 100k......
The factory fluid isn't good past 50K in my experience and lab results. I'd suggest that you drain and refill with a good fluid to try to help it. Don't drain all of it out! That may cause other problems such as slipping if the car has shedded quite a bit of clutch material.

·
Registered
12,023 Posts
Time to upgradeeeee

·
dhillon
295 Posts
I think... It's time to take mine too
Tranny needs to be replaced ..tired of that 3 2 1 slam before stop
How long did they kept the car for ?

·
dhillon