BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I stupidly swapped my unreliable X5 4.4 for a new Acura MDX Sport in May. I hate the Acura now that I've got used to it.

I'm thinking seriously about cutting my losses and getting a 335. There's a lot of choices I could use some friendly advice on ;)

I can get a sweet deal on a 335 now (almost immediate production, and a barely over invoice price). It's a standard RWD, and would be a 2007 model.

I can pre-order a 2008 335xi for delivery in December. I can't get anywhere near as good a discount or lease price, as it's a new model car.

Questions:

- My only real concern is the 335 RWD in bad weather. I do drive up Stevens Pass to one of Seattle's ski areas several times during winter. Obviously I can fit winter tires to both, but what's the RWD like in the snow? Seattle doesn't have snow downtown, and if it does it's about an inch.

- If it's working out to about a $5k difference, possibly slightly more, is the xi worth the premium?

- The Acura is leased, and I changed in my financed X5. I got a tax credit on the Acura. If I pay off the Acura, do I get a tax credit on a new lease for a BMW?

- Is a price that's not much ($1000) over invoice on a 335 Coupe good enough to buy a late 07, or is my dealer not offering me as good a deal as I think?

Thanks for your help!,
-Alistair

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
I do drive up Stevens Pass to one of Seattle's ski areas several times during winter.
If the roads are plowed or there is 6" of snow or less you will have no problem with RWD and a set of winter tires. X-drive will give you an extra 2" of ground clearance and the ability to start quicker on hills. 90% of the time in winter the roads are dry. For 5 winters I have had no issues with RWD and winter tires. Never got stuck once.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Where in Seattle can you get the deal on the RWD 335? Who are you dealing with? Is it really only $1,000 over invoice for 335 Coupe?
Please Advise!
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts