BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMW ETK has wrong part # for Coupe antenna.

65 218 375 160 is the roadster antenna and does not fir Coupe.

Does anyone know the correct part # for Coupe antenna ?

Thanks, Karl

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BUMP.

Still no luck on this. Dealer is waiting for reply from BMW Canada/AG.

Has anyone ever had to order a replacement ?

Thanks, Karl

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Hi Karl, nice bump :)

Nice thing about b'fest. Hopefully one of the coupe owners here will know something about it. If I pass by a dealer here, I'll see what they say.

What happened to your antenna?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, ironically enough I took it off for "safe-keeping" at the last track event I was at.

I put it in the back of the car and never saw it again... must have got knocked out unnoticed when I retrieved something else from the back. :banghead: How stupid is that !?

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
karlblomquist said:
Well, ironically enough I took it off for "safe-keeping" at the last track event I was at.

I put it in the back of the car and never saw it again... must have got knocked out unnoticed when I retrieved something else from the back. :banghead: How stupid is that !?
Is it possible to have slid down a seam? I put mine in the trunk and almost had it slide under the trunk liner where I'd have been trying to fish it out. :dunno:

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
karlblomquist said:
BMW ETK has wrong part # for Coupe antenna.
65 218 375 160 is the roadster antenna and does not fir Coupe.
Does anyone know the correct part # for Coupe antenna ?
Thanks, Karl
Did you ever resolve this? Are you sure that your car doesn't have the telephone antenna 65 21 8 401 381?
I'm in the process of intergrating a Motorola T720 phone into my coupe using their hands free kit. I remember an unused antenna lead when I had my center console out. Jon Maddux confirmed that he noticed the same working on Andys coupe. Looking at the pictures I took, one of them shows what looks like an antenna lead.

The phone cradle that comes with the kit has an antenna lead with connector. When you install the phone into the cradle, it cuts off the phones antenna and is looking for a signal on this cable. The phone states no service. Found the antenna cable in my car and hooked it up (same connector) to the cradle lead and the service came back. I then removed the roof antenna whip and the service went away. Based on this, I suspect that I have the telephone roof amplifier and antenna instead of the non telephone roof amplifer and antenna.
Will order both antennas tomorrow to see which one I really have.
Trying to eliminate tearing the car apart again. If the above is true, it will sure save a lot of time integrating the hands free kit.

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
I pulled the headliner down to see what antenna amplifier that I have. Sure enough it is the telephone one, part number 65 21 8 401 358. So if your car is the same, you need telephone antenna 65 21 8 401 381, not the non telephone one 65 21 8 375 160 as you know.

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
Ron Stygar said:
I pulled the headliner down to see what antenna amplifier that I have. Sure enough it is the telephone one, part number 65 21 8 401 358. So if your car is the same, you need telephone antenna 65 21 8 401 381 not the non telephone one 65 21 8 375 160 as you know.
Whoops. Forgot to mention that the amplifier has three cables going to it. Radio antenna, telephone antenna and power.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Re: Coupe antenna part # ?

Ron Stygar said:
Did you ever resolve this? Are you sure that your car doesn't ...
Thanks for the followup Ron. Yes I did get the right one eventually. The dealer ordered the other antenna on spec and it turned out to be the right one.

He wasn't sure at fitst because a) we weren't sure if the core was pre-wired for phone (which as you mention it is), and b) there was no picture of the Coupe antenna in the ETK.

Thanks, Karl

·
A Clean Windshield
2,245 Posts
Antenna P/N

Is there a Part Number for the detachable shaft from the antenna?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts