BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lease on my current car is going to be up in November so I'm starting the fun process of driving lots of cars to see what I want to get next. Right now the leading contenders are the Z4 coupe and the TT.

As far as the z4 goes, I've read about performance center delivery and that sounds like a ton of fun. One thing I'm worried about is having the new car available before my current lease is up. If I placed an order, how long does it usually take to build them?

My other concern is that presently the rates and residuals for this car basically suck. My preference is to lease since I get bored with cars easily, so I'd probably have to use an external company for that. Has anyone done that? I'm in Texas so I've also heard of a finance option that works similar to leasing (owner's choice?). My credit is great so maybe I can get a better rate than on the lease. Has anyone done that? :)

I've lurked here and in Ask A Dealer for awhile so I've seen people work with the dealers who read this forum to get cars and it's definitely something I'll investigate if I end up deciding on a z4.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I (briefly) checked into leasing but you're right when you say that the rates and residuals suck.

In terms of placing an order I believe the general experience has been an 8-12 week wait depending on if the dealer has an existing allocation - this has been more of a problem for the new Coupes and M cars over the regular Z4 - but if the allocation isn't a problem it's still an 8 to 12 week process.

I didn't check into leasing from an external (to BMW) company, just directly from BMW.

conorb

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been asking around and one dealer told me that the coupe (both 3.0 and M) is on hold and there aren't any allocations available.

Is that accurate?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm interested in leasing too...

The numbers I've seen for the Z4 3.0 coupe are out of wack. Will the numbers get better when they get more allocation? I'm not gonna pay $900+ a month for $45,000 car.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
Rob P said:
I've been asking around and one dealer told me that the coupe (both 3.0 and M) is on hold and there aren't any allocations available.

Is that accurate?
They are making them but supposedly no production in August. Supposedly 2007 production starts in September. Unless you really want one, I would wait for the 2007 version at this point.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ron Stygar said:
They are making them but supposedly no production in August. Supposedly 2007 production starts in September. Unless you really want one, I would wait for the 2007 version at this point.
Thanks for the heads up. Any ideas on the changes for '07? I wouldn't expect anything but minor bug fixes...

A september build date would still end up getting to me before my present lease is up, so that sounds like a good plan.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I too am looking to get the coupe, but decided to wait till the fall. I'm not getting any price breaks on the car from dealers right now. I think both the summer season and the newness of the car are keeping the price high. I'm also very interested to know what changes, if any, will be made to the 2007 model. Side mirror tilting when reversing would be a nice addition for the '07 model. I'm surprised that this isn't standard like on the 3 series.

·
Registered
202 Posts
ive been quote a little over 900 a month for a 36 month lease on the z4 coupe with a msrp of 45k. the residuals are really low now on the car, the z3 coupe didnt sell well so thats why there arent any good numbers on the z4 coupe.

your payments will drop some if you go for a 24 month lease but still the residual is going to kill any chance of getting a good deal on the car to lease .

·
Registered
202 Posts
also, if you go with a base z4 coupe at 41k msrp, you can get a cheaper payment but you will wait 7 to 10 weeks for delivery.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts