Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dammit all.

Not that KBB preaches the gospel of all pricing or anything, but they give the 330ci about a $1k advantage over an equally-featured and mileaged 330i.

WTH! :mad: :bawling:

330ci: $38,225
330i: $37,325

Both are private party values, excellent condition, with 16,400 miles and these features:

Premium Pkg
Sport Pkg
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Telescoping Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Compact Disc
Premium Sound
Dual Front Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Traction Control
Leather
Dual Power Seats
Moon Roof
Rear Spoiler
Premium Wheels

What was the sales ratio for coupes:sedans again? Could this have an impact on resale value? I would think that since the sedans sold more, they would be in higher demand, but then again the amount of used 330i's available may outweigh those used 330ci's available.

·
Here since day one
7,181 Posts
The coupes have always had a higher reslae value over the sedan, when I went to the dealer a couple of weeks ago, my salesman showed me the book they use to determine the trade in value.

The Coupe was about $900- $1000 higher then the sedan and the extra's (as far as options) were the same amount to add on.

Also, there was a time when I was buying & selling cars through a friend of mine who was a car dealer and I had bought a 93 325is and the coupes always even then got more $$ then the sedans at the auctions and this was back in 1995-1996.

I've gone back and forth with Dave 330i on this a few times but this is just the way it is . . . sorry sedan owners

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh, you know I would overlook the obvious like that wouldn't I. :D

Coupe base MSRP: $35,635
Sedan base MSRP: $34,635

·
Here since day one
7,181 Posts
Re: Re: Coupes worth more than sedans!

Dave 330i said:

But doesn't MSRP of an equivalent sedan cost less than the coupe?

Discounting the iT,

Sedan 59.9%
Coupe 20.0%
Convertible 20.1%
It used to but not anymore Dave . . .

·
O.G.
8,376 Posts
webguy330i said:

Look at that! A 1k difference... maybe these Edmunds people are on to something. :thumb:

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spiderm0n said:

Look at that! A 1k difference... maybe these Edmunds people are on to something. :thumb:
It's KBB, not Edmunds. Get it straight monkey boy!! :flipoff: :D

·
Here since day one
7,181 Posts
webguy330i said:

If comparably equiped the MSRP is either the same or almost the same

Sports package & cold weather package is more expensive on sedan

Or if you get the folding seat as an option without the cold weather package then the prices are still close to each other

Dollar for dollar the coupe still holds its value better unless compared to a sedan which does not have sports package and/or folding rear seat/ cold weather package

·
Registered
172 Posts
so do you think that this pricing discrepancy has anything to do with the desire to split the coupe 3-Series into the 4-Series?

·
I'm bored right now.
127 Posts
When I bought my 323i sedan (pretty much bare w/o too many options), the coupe was about $1000 more then the sedan.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
pod13 said:
so do you think that this pricing discrepancy has anything to do with the desire to split the coupe 3-Series into the 4-Series?
It probably has a lot more to do with Coupes coming with more standard features (especially on the 325's). If you price out the 325i vs 325Ci with the same exact options (sports suspension standard on coupe, split fold down seats standard, fog, cruise, armrest and OBC all standard on the coupe) you'll find the coupes are a few hundred bucks cheaper.

·
Here since day one
7,181 Posts
The HACK said:

It probably has a lot more to do with Coupes coming with more standard features (especially on the 325's). If you price out the 325i vs 325Ci with the same exact options (sports suspension standard on coupe, split fold down seats standard, fog, cruise, armrest and OBC all standard on the coupe) you'll find the coupes are a few hundred bucks cheaper.
The main reason I think is the Coupe is a very desirable and hard to find used car.

Period end of story !!

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alan F said:

The main reason I think is the Coupe is a very desirable and hard to find used car.

Period end of story !!
haha! You'd like to think that wouldn't you?! :D

·
Super Moderator
11,052 Posts
He's trying to boost the resale of his 330Ci before he trades it in for a 2002 330i. I'm on to your tactics Alan. :D

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
Alan F said:

Period end of story !!
I'm on your side buddy the end! :yikes: :bigpimp: :bigpimp: :bigpimp: :bigpimp:

·
Here since day one
7,181 Posts
webguy330i said:

haha! You'd like to think that wouldn't you?! :D
Don't you know what "PERIOD end of story" means :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It means:
Conversation over
Case closed
See ya !!!
Adios amigos
Esta vista
etc, etc .

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

T

·
0 Posts
HACK is right. The rest of you are reading in what you'd like to be true. There is no actual market difference between the coupe and sedan. Both supply of and demand for sedans is higher, each negating the other's effect on market price. Sorry.

T

·
0 Posts
CCs328Ci said:
maybe a little humor is ok too TD.. its all good
Yeah... yeah... Us sedan owners think you coupe guys are always trying to be all superior and shit. Maybe we get a tad defensive.

Personally, I think the wagons should have the highest resale. ;)

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
TD said:

Yeah... yeah... Us sedan owners think you coupe guys are always trying to be all superior and shit. Maybe we get a tad defensive.

Personally, I think the wagons should have the highest resale. ;)
defensive? NEVER! :lmao: :thumb: :thumb:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts