BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have dilligently searched the archives of many sites to no avail so please, no flames..

All of the courtesy and map lights work when switched manually but none will light when I open any of the doors. I have preset the switches in various positions but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I don't see the usual push buttons (that commonly fail) in the door jams either. What am I missing.?

Thanks, DJ

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, I got the owners manual and accessories packet from Books4Cars.com in original form albeit used that explained the switch position required on the overhead light that ques the lights to the doors, locks and ignition key.

Man it's nice to have a good source of information.

· Registered
3 Posts
Courtesy lights not working

DJ,

As far as I can see, there are only 3 positions for the overhead rocker switch. Pushing the switch to the right puts the lights on manually but no matter which of the other 2 I select, the courtesy lights stay off. I would be really interested to hear how you got round your problem.

Cheers,

Paul.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.