BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 BMW X3 (which I love), and I need some advice. Does anyone have tips for covering up the compartment (the one on the right, which is a sort of hole in the floor of the area) in the cargo area? I took my dog to the vet and had her in the cargo area, and she managed to get one of her legs caught in that pocket, and ended up twisting it painfully. She was OK, but it really scared me, so I'm looking for advice on covering it up. I considered shoving a pillow in there, but she could kick it out by accident.
Do any of the cargo covers cover up that space? Any tips would be greatly appreciated! My dog weighs over 100 pounds, so she takes up a lot of room, and apparently she doesn't have the sense to just avoid sticking her leg in there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The Weathertech cargo liner by default covers both cargo area cavities so that should work for you. They make it pretty easy to cut out those areas later if you later want to open those bins up.

·
Registered
824 Posts
A 4 litre windshield washer fluid jug of fluid fits perfectly into that space. It would prevent your dog from slipping into the hole. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts