BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends, first time posting and I appreciate the community here.

I am about to buyout my lease and need some advice on navigating the process to get it CPO'd and warrantied. Since I'll own it I want to make sure I don't get stuck with a surprise expensive repair. Continuing the included maintenance would be cool too.

I understand there is a cost to the CPO and then there are a variety of BMW extended warranties I can buy. Can anyone walk me through the best course of action here?

The car is in great shape. I have some scuffs on the wheels from some curbs and will need new tires which I expect to have to address either myself or pay them to do.

The car is a 2018 340i ZHP manual that I love. it's a bit of a unicorn and I can talk all day about the joy that the ZHP package adds. This was the swan song of the manual transmission and the build shows that it's a driver's car. There's not a ton of info out there about it. Photos attached.

Thanks for all advice!
Mike

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Font Paper Transparency Document Paper product

· Registered
20 Posts
For CPO, you will have to turn your car in to a BMW Center for them to inspect and CPO it before they can sell to you at a CPO price, which will be higher than your residual value. My understanding is that you only get 1 additional year of warranty for CPO versus 1-3 yrs options with BMW extended warranty. Check with a few of your local centers the cost of the CPO and shop around for BMW extended warranty, you might be surprised that getting BMW extended warranty is better/more cost effective than CPO.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For CPO, you will have to turn your car in to a BMW Center for them to inspect and CPO it before they can sell to you at a CPO price, which will be higher than your residual value. My understanding is that you only get 1 additional year of warranty for CPO versus 1-3 yrs options with BMW extended warranty. Check with a few of your local centers the cost of the CPO and shop around for BMW extended warranty, you might be surprised that getting BMW extended warranty is better/more cost effective than CPO.
Thanks! I ended up doing just that. On another forum there was a suggestion to contact Christine at Steve Thomas BMW. Apparently they provide a BMW forum price and it beat the hell out of my local price. I ended up getting 84 months/100k mile platinum BMW extended warranty for $4,350. Even better yet, it's fully transferable so we'll help with resale value. If I end up trading it in I get a prorated refund.

· Registered
20 Posts
Thanks! I ended up doing just that. On another forum there was a suggestion to contact Christine at Steve Thomas BMW. Apparently they provide a BMW forum price and it beat the hell out of my local price. I ended up getting 84 months/100k mile platinum BMW extended warranty for $4,350. Even better yet, it's fully transferable so we'll help with resale value. If I end up trading it in I get a prorated refund.
Glad you got a good deal on BMW ESC. I am also looking to get platinum 84 m/75k mile with 0 deductible. I was not aware that ESC is transferable so that is great news.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.