BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone who can help me as to whether a CPO car can be resprayed and it is not disclosed when purchasing the car? For example if they tell you that it has been resprayed on 3-4 panels for cosmetic reasons and its isn't disclosed does this breach the CPO guidelines. If the guidelines are breached what action can be taken?

·
I know a thing or two...
7,439 Posts
Is there anyone who can help me as to whether a CPO car can be resprayed and it is not disclosed when purchasing the car? For example if they tell you that it has been resprayed on 3-4 panels for cosmetic reasons and its isn't disclosed does this breach the CPO guidelines. If the guidelines are breached what action can be taken?
no, this is not a breach of any guidelines.

·
Registered
300 Posts
It is a used car. That is why you are paying less than a new car. In regard to new cars, dealers are obligated to notify you if repairs to a new car exceed a certain amount. Amount varies by state. (Some states might not have this reg.)

·
Registered
374 Posts
If you ask and have it documented, and they lie, you would a breach of contract. Unless, of course, the contract was for an AS-IS car with no express warranties, etc.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
If I remember right alabama was the state that the guy first sued for this on a new car that was sprayed. Cost bmw 2 million or some crazy amount. But on a used car? Not likely something you have any recourse on. If I understand cpo its just letting you know its a reliable and checked over car with a warranty. Thats it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts