BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my CPO is coming to an end in 30 days. What should I make sure to have checked before then.

I have a 2012 X5 Diesel X Drive with 95,000 miles. So far under CPO between 50,000 miles and now they have replaced both DEF tanks, both NOX sensors, my catalytic converter, my top down cameras, and completed all the recalls on the car.

I have an upcoming appointment because my oil level is reading too high. How does that happen 1/2 way through an oil change? First 5000 miles fine. Now says oil is too high. They are also changing my seat belt receiver buckle which no longer works.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 105K miles NOKIAN WR G3 20K miles
19,599 Posts
Too high by DIPSTICK or iDrive Vehicle Status? A common source of excess level is a leaking injector. You MUST verify by dipstick.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,295 Posts
Agree. I had a bad sensor on my 2010. Reading high. They replaced it under warranty.

Someone lost their motor when the engine ran dry- sensor said it was fine, until it was too late. *HE* didnt have a dipstick on his motor!

·
Registered
7,784 Posts
Whenever I have a car coming off warranty I take it to my independent to have him check the car out. He inspects mechanical components for leaks, suspension and steering parts for wear, pulls codes. I get a list and go into dealer for service. Best $100 spent on several of my cars now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I checked oil on the dipstick. It was right on the max line but not over it at all. Oil was barely warm when checked. Car was not running. So does this mean bad sensor that needs replaced?

Good idea Fredoin. Thanks

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,295 Posts
So I checked oil on the dipstick. It was right on the max line but not over it at all. Oil was barely warm when checked. Car was not running. So does this mean bad sensor that needs replaced?

Good idea Fredoin. Thanks
Most likely.

+1 on Fredo's advice. Spending 100 or so with your indy may pay off big time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts