1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you folks think about this deal:

Service Loaner BMW 335i - 2015
Miles: 18,000
MSRP: $61,465 (Base: $43,700, Options Total: $13,125, Wheel & Tire: $4,590)
Whole Sale Price: $55,975 (Base: $40,750, Options Total: $11,960, Wheel & Tire: $3,265)
Sales Price: $45,000
Manufacture Warranty expires in June 2019

Would you recommend a service loaner? Considering that the car is 2015 model, lease payments are coming pretty high, though financing is available at 0.9% for qualified individuals.

Also, is it worth buying additional warranty till 100,000 miles??

What would you consider a good deal for similar cars? Does it matter if the car is manufactured in South Africa VS Germany???

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
On a good day, you can get 20% off on a 3 series (like 2016 models now).. Shoot for 35% off. Try to get it for 38-40? Be ready to settle at 42. Drive it for 2 years and sell before warranty expires. No flames for unrealistic #s. I am a novice who bargains hard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
On a good day, you can get 20% off on a 3 series (like 2016 models now).. Shoot for 35% off. Try to get it for 38-40? Be ready to settle at 42. Drive it for 2 years and sell before warranty expires. No flames for unrealistic #s. I am a novice who bargains hard.
Thanks for the reply. I'm sure I can them down to 40k.

Is there any difference between resale value of SA manufactured one vs Germany?

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
are you saying that "on a good day you can get 20% off a NEW 3 2016 3 series?" You posted something like this in another thread so I just want to make 100% sure that I understand EXACTLY what you are saying.

So, on a NEW 2016 3 series, you think you can get a 50k MSRP car for 40K, which is 20% off... correct?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes you are understanding me right. In the other thread, you wanted proof. I provided it. Did you see it? Why are you asking the same question again? Not everyone is going to get these deals. But they are not impossible either.

·
Registered
210 Posts
JJ - call me skeptical too.
Dumeelp - sorry but I didn't see any real "proof" in your other post. You talk about advertisements with $6K off.....but what was the MSRP that proves a 20% discount? What incentives were included in the fine print to get that 6K. And your proof #3.... That car had 12K miles on it.
So I think you are not helping the bimmerfest community very much with these unrealistic claims. Just my 2 cents FWIW.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you don't believe the numbers I provided, why don't help OP with your advice. For best deals, I want people to work at least a bit. Because of that, I am not going to make you believe what I say. I am fine with that.

If multiple people provide data points, OP can find the mean, median, best case, etc.

·
Registered
451 Posts
If you don't believe the numbers I provided, why don't help OP with your advice. For best deals, I want people to work at least a bit. Because of that, I am not going to make you believe what I say. I am fine with that.

If multiple people provide data points, OP can find the mean, median, best case, etc.
So you want to "help" without actually helping. OK, got it :rolleyes:.

If you don't want to post the details, the least you can do is offer them to the OP via PM.

·
Registered
135 Posts
For reference I got a 60k MSRP 2015 335 GT in Nov 2015 for 44k selling price! I did a 2 year/10k miles Owners Choice (am in GA) and got a smoking deal of 365 per month (taxes and fees paid upfront)! Granted it was an exec demo and had 9k miles on it. As JJ has mentioned in one of his previous posts on another thread, dealers may have more room to move on a demo acquired via an auction. Yours has much more mileage and is a year older - so there just may be room

·
Registered
25 Posts
So you want to "help" without actually helping. OK, got it :rolleyes:.

If you don't want to post the details, the least you can do is offer them to the OP via PM.
How do you know that I have not provided help to OP? Why are you jumping to conclusions on someone else as opposed to helping OP. You don't have anything else to do?

I will let OP PM me if he needs additional help and respond appropriately!

·
Registered
451 Posts
How do you know that I have not provided help to OP? Why are you jumping to conclusions on someone else as opposed to helping OP. You don't have anything else to do?

I will let OP PM me if he needs additional help and respond appropriately!
How do you know that I haven't provided help to OP? Why are you jumping to conclusions as opposed to proving (and helping out more than just OP) you helped OP? You don't have anything else to do other than pontificate about how great of a deal maker you are with your ~40% off MSRP deals?

Works both ways bud. :rofl:

·
David Padgalskas BMW PDX
318 Posts
From the inside looking out...

On a used car, with an aggressively advertised price, people all over are checking it out and are aware of the price compared to the market. This differs from the new car where it is $60k and people looking at it online don't realize that it was just negotiated down to $50k.

OP, is this the lowest priced comparable 335 in area? If not, then you've got options. If this is the lowest priced, silver, tech pack, 19" within 750 miles, then there are other people eyeing it too.

·
Registered
198 Posts
For reference I got a 60k MSRP 2015 335 GT in Nov 2015 for 44k selling price!
It's a little more easily done on an exec car. Also, the XXX GTs weren't particularly in demand at any point (probably undeservingly so), unlike the F30.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's a little more easily done on an exec car. Also, the XXX GTs weren't particularly in demand at any point (probably undeservingly so), unlike the F30.
Completely agree! It wasn't on my radar as well until I saw it and fit our situation as we were expecting a little one and were looking to move up from an X1 and needed more space! It is a fun drive though and luxurious in terms of space

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Yes you are understanding me right. In the other thread, you wanted proof. I provided it. Did you see it? Why are you asking the same question again? Not everyone is going to get these deals. But they are not impossible either.
I editted my post (which I dont normally do to change content) because it was not in the spirit I normally post.

I will just say that in your other thread I did not find the proof you are speaking of, but I believe you are trying to help the OP so hopefully you are able to help him get the type of deal you are describing if he chooses to PM you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I editted my post (which I dont normally do to change content) because it was not in the spirit I normally post.

I will just say that in your other thread I did not find the proof you are speaking of, but I believe you are trying to help the OP so hopefully you are able to help him get the type of deal you are describing if he chooses to PM you.

I am not sure why you are worked up on this. Here is what I said "On a good day, you can get 20% off on a 3 series (like 2016 models now).. Shoot for 35% off. Try to get it for 38-40? Be ready to settle at 42. Drive it for 2 years and sell before warranty expires. No flames for unrealistic #s. I am a novice who bargains hard."

1. Is the OP looking for new car? the answer is NO. This is a quick rough methodology to help OP on CPO deal
2. Does everybody get 20%? the answer is NO. if everyone or most easily gets 20%, then the best deal is somewhere around 25% or 30%. By definition, best deals are hard to come by
3. Do people need to know the best deal out there ? Yes. This hopefully makes you good at negotiation and tell you how high the sky is - not necessarily get your car at the best price. There is a business out there doing this - dsrleasing

Here is something out there RIGHT NOW at 14% off MSRP for '16 328i without ANY negotiation. If you don't care act color or options for doing 2 yr lease deal ; You can end up 375 without any negotiation & fleet incentives & MSDs; With fleet incentives & loyalty, as low as 265 in CA. Once again, there is no negotiation for this. If you are able to negotiate further, you could do much better..

Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 8.33.34 PM.jpg

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,121 Posts
I am not sure why you are worked up on this. Here is what I said "On a good day, you can get 20% off on a 3 series (like 2016 models now).. Shoot for 35% off. Try to get it for 38-40? Be ready to settle at 42. Drive it for 2 years and sell before warranty expires. No flames for unrealistic #s. I am a novice who bargains hard."

1. Is the OP looking for new car? the answer is NO. This is a quick rough methodology to help OP on CPO deal
2. Does everybody get 20%? the answer is NO. if everyone or most easily gets 20%, then the best deal is somewhere around 25% or 30%. By definition, best deals are hard to come by
3. Do people need to know the best deal out there ? Yes. This hopefully makes you good at negotiation and tell you how high the sky is - not necessarily get your car at the best price. There is a business out there doing this - dsrleasing

Here is something out there RIGHT NOW at 14% off MSRP for '16 328i without ANY negotiation. If you don't care act color or options for doing 2 yr lease deal ; You can end up 375 without any negotiation & fleet incentives & MSDs; With fleet incentives & loyalty, as low as 265 in CA. Once again, there is no negotiation for this. If you are able to negotiate further, you could do much better..
You seem to think that every advertised price has the same padding/profit as a car offered at MSRP.

while there are crazy deals to be had on occasion, blithely asserting one just needs to 'negotiate better' for every advertised price to hit you pie in the sky targets is-as others point out- a disservice,

Citing one off deals on life hacker where people don't care what they drive- just the best deal- isn't helpful to most buyers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Thanks everyone.

I'm looking at another CPO 2016 BMW 340i (Technology pkg, M Sport, Drivers Assistance and track handling pkg), not a service loaner, with 13000 miles on it. The advertised price is $49,901. What do you think would be a good deal on this car? 20% discount would bring it to $40,000? What is the typical margin dealers have on CPO ... 20%? Another dealer has a brand new one for $52,000 so $49,901 for one with 13000 miles is definitely high, right???

·
Registered
198 Posts
You can't just randomly assume that each car's asking price is padded by 20%... Especially used.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
You seem to think that every advertised price has the same padding/profit as a car offered at MSRP.

while there are crazy deals to be had on occasion, blithely asserting one just needs to 'negotiate better' for every advertised price to hit you pie in the sky targets is-as others point out- a disservice,

Citing one off deals on life hacker where people don't care what they drive- just the best deal- isn't helpful to most buyers
Many of those cars like that at pacific are not New cars (even though they are eligible for new car financing. They are demo cars. Pacific specializes in selling demo cars, so they have a lot of same year model cars with miles that are really good deals.

There ARE some times when there is trunk money, etc and this could be one of those times. . I am not in the industry and its hard to tell. I know Pacific is generally competitive, but I also know that if someone is expecting to get another 6% off one of their advertised specials because "its on the internet with no haggling so there must be more room" that is not likely the case.

@Ard,

This post was ment to quote dumleeps not yours. I clicked the wrong one. sorry about that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts