BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much can be negotiated on CPO vehicles listed on BMW website? I happened to try to negotiate a CPO at Manhattan BMW & they were firm on price no discount. What is the expected discount that can be negotiated?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
They seem to be artificially inflating the prices because of the good financing deals right now.

·
Flying monkey herder
8,166 Posts
bmw of manhattan is probably the worst place to go for any kind of discount. i live a few blocks away from their wall st showroom and went to north jersey to get my car and cars for friends. you're helping to pay fot their rent. their service dept is pretty decent though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing. I've read that September CPO sales were good - but I'm not seeing that at my local dealer (upper Midwest). I've been watching an 06 330XI - it's been on the lot since mid-July and only dropped around $2K. I think that it's still around $3K too high. I may make and end of the month offer this afternoon.

There are several other 3 series cars that have been there since mid to late summer as well.

·
Registered
223 Posts
2007 530Xi listed at 36,900 I got for 34,680 with 34,900 miles.......also BMW pays the first two payments!

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,887 Posts
How much can be negotiated on CPO vehicles listed on BMW website? I happened to try to negotiate a CPO at Manhattan BMW & they were firm on price no discount. What is the expected discount that can be negotiated?
It's reasonable to expect the dealer has $4,000 worth of negotiating room and still make an acceptable profit.

I just (as in over the weekend) bought a 2006 330i with 54,100 miles that the dealer decided not to CPO because of the mileage. So, it's not a CPO, but he started out asking $26,989. I'm not sure how long he had it, but it was a while, and I got it for $20,989.

The fee to enroll a 3er in the CPO program is $1,100 and then there's whatever extra money the dealer has to spend on maintenance to bring the car up to CPO standards. So, in my case the dealer didn't have to spend that money.

I'm getting a great deal on a 5yr/72,000 mile (from contract inception) exclusionary warranty (almost bumper to bumper) from a very good third party warranty company.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts