BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. It has been quite a while since I posted here on the 'fest. We've still got our Montego Blue '07 X3 3.0si until the end of July 2010. With over 38,000 miles in just over 2 years (we get 45,000 for the entire 3 year lease) I still love the truck & will be sad to see it go.

Back in August, I bought a new 2010 Acura TSX w/ Technology Package thanks in part to a $3500 Cash For Clunkers rebate. I got rid of a 1990 E30 325iA w/ 83,000 miles on it that had more issues than I was prepared to deal with (financially speaking).

So this being the E90 thread, I have a question about my Mom's '08 328xiA. Her car isn't what I'd get if the car were my own (I'll take a stick shift, sport package, RWD 3er), but her lease is coming up at the end of December 2010. Her orginal lease agreement was for 3 years/54,000 miles (18K per year). She's already got 42,000 miles on the car (Sparkling Graphite/Blk Leather/Sirius/CWP/PP/Step and will most definitely go over.

I'd be using the car to get my BMW fix as we'd be bimmerless in our household. My 2001 Honda Prelude Type SH (116,000 miles) would split driving time with the 328xiA.

How is BMWFS when it comes to lease end negotiation buyout?
If I can buy this car for significantly less than the buyout agreement (I'll have to get the number), does it pay to have the car CPOd?

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I really don't know much about leasing a car but I bought mine. My car is a CPO and the warranty is covered up to 100,000 miles bumper to bumper. Never buy a car that isn't a CPO car because it would be too expensive to get it fixed if something goes wrong. I hope this helps! :thumbup:

·
Flying monkey herder
8,166 Posts
18K miles per year doesnt sound like a BMWFS lease-- typically they do 10, 12, or 15K miles per year, unless she added 9K to the lease upfront.

are you sure the lease is through BMWFS?

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,826 Posts
Hello everyone. It has been quite a while since I posted here on the 'fest. We've still got our Montego Blue '07 X3 3.0si until the end of July 2010. With over 38,000 miles in just over 2 years (we get 45,000 for the entire 3 year lease) I still love the truck & will be sad to see it go.

Back in August, I bought a new 2010 Acura TSX w/ Technology Package thanks in part to a $3500 Cash For Clunkers rebate. I got rid of a 1990 E30 325iA w/ 83,000 miles on it that had more issues than I was prepared to deal with (financially speaking).

So this being the E90 thread, I have a question about my Mom's '08 328xiA. Her car isn't what I'd get if the car were my own (I'll take a stick shift, sport package, RWD 3er), but her lease is coming up at the end of December 2010. Her orginal lease agreement was for 3 years/54,000 miles (18K per year). She's already got 42,000 miles on the car (Sparkling Graphite/Blk Leather/Sirius/CWP/PP/Step and will most definitely go over.

I'd be using the car to get my BMW fix as we'd be bimmerless in our household. My 2001 Honda Prelude Type SH (116,000 miles) would split driving time with the 328xiA.

How is BMWFS when it comes to lease end negotiation buyout?
If I can buy this car for significantly less than the buyout agreement (I'll have to get the number), does it pay to have the car CPOd?

Thanks for your input!
:jawdrop: ooooooohhhh, you are a bad, bad, bad person and it is now questionable whether God will let you into heaven. :eek: You didn't just "get rid" of an E30 325iA. :slap: You sentenced it to a horrible, destructive death and it will never be enjoyed by anyone else ever again. :spank:

j/k.....mostly

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Orient330iNYC - she did lease through BMWFS & bought extra mileage upfront.

tturedraider - I figured I'd catch some flack for openly posting about sending an E30 to its untimely death. I actually had huge plans for the E30. I was going to restore it to greatness over the next number of years. I bought a bentley manual and wanted to learn how to work on cars myself. I was going to fix the glovebox, eventually have it repainted, have the slushbox swapped out for a proper 5 speed manual transmission. All those things cost time & money - 2 things which I cannot spare.

I figured to have sold my condo already (been on the market a year and a half), so I don't have a driveway or garage that I can work on the car for a hour here or a half hour there and finish in a few days. I work 6 days a week & am married with 2 beautiful sons (3 yrs old & 8 months old).

I put money into the car I paid $950 for. New radiator, brake fluid, transmission fluid, tires, bought new roundels, brake sensors, had an alignment - the car was solid. I started to use it as a commuter to supplement miles on my Prelude a few days a week. I was so impressed with how well the car drove with new tires, an alignment, & almost 20 year old shocks & springs.

Back in Febrary, the state inspection was up. I brought it to my trusted mechanic who told me that the car had a lot of trouble passing inspection (cough, cough). He told me that despite my efforts, the BMW was neglected & needed lots of TLC & $$$. There was oil everywhere, the oil smelled like gasoline, & black smoke spewed from the exhaust. He reccomended to find a donor engine, pay him to rip apart the engine & rebuild with new parts, or get rid of the car (donate or sell). The car sat from February until the end of August. I didn't do anything sooner because my second son was born almost a month early, so everything car related went on hold.

Cash for Clunkers came around and I realized I could get $3500 (about what I had put into the car) and save money by not having to pay BMWFS over mileage charges ($1200) on our X3's lease which comes up in July 2010. It was a no brainer. I cut my losses & moved on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts