BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
'Fest Advisor
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a CPO Warrantied car and the previous owner is refusing to fill out the warranty transfer paperwork. The previous owner is very dishonest and simply a jerk. He misrepresented the car and that he would do the paperwork after the purchase.

Question is, what do I do now? BMWNA states that they need him to sign the paperwork or they won't transfer the warranty. This is complete BS as I paid a lot more than the car is worth to have the CPO Warranty.

Thanks.

·
Registered Lunatic
971 Posts
I can't see any possible benefit to the guy for not signing the paperwork...
Perhaps try court for that?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
'Fest Advisor
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't see any possible benefit to the guy for not signing the paperwork...
Perhaps try court for that?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, the guy is a liar and could have other personality disorders. Court costs a heck of a lot more than to just get it re-CPO'd! But I already paid a lot more for the car under the guise that the CPO would transfer. So there is a principle issue here too.

·
Registered
2013 535xi
4,417 Posts
Just a suggestion, but a small bribe might get you what you want. This guy sounds like a real piece of work.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Just a suggestion, but a small bribe might get you what you want. This guy sounds like a real piece of work.
Likely the easiest way. Unless you have proof that he agreed to transfer the warranty (not just that it existed) under the sale "contract" you probably can't make him do it. good luck.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Never pay in full until all the conditions are met.

·
'Fest Advisor
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I offered to pay him for his time and expenses. I think he is more interested in seeing me suffer. I may call BMWCCA for help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts