Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand the CPO warranty isn't as comprehensive as the new car warranty. Can someone summarize the major differences?

·
Registered
BMW 2016 328xi Sport
23 Posts
My personal experience has been that the BMW warranty isn't worth anything. I don't claim this to be a fact, this is just my experience. But no matter which dealer I take my car to, they never fix anything. Always try to make excuses. Sometimes they break things and while clearly they broke it, they play hard ball and they make you pay for them to fix what they broke. They keep you in the waiting room and don't allow you to see them work on the car. Makes suing them impossible and they know it.

I wouldn't buy any extended warranty from BMW. They don't fix anything and deny everything. If anything goes wrong, they will find a way to blame you for it.

For example, when I took my new car to various dealers and complained about the squeeks/creeks from door seals....they looked at dashboard and said it was too shinny. They said I must have cleaned my dashboard and therefore the warranty won't cover the door seals. I'm like, first off...it isn't shinny it is completely dry and dull...and no I didn't apply anything to it...and what does the dashboard have to do with the door seals anyway. They didn't do anything to fix it. Thanks to forums, I now know the cause and know they don't know how to fix it. They had this prob for 20 years with black shadowline.

Then I went to swap over to winter wheels they couldn't remove the wheels because they over torqued the bolts the last time. Then they hammered out the bolts stripping the holes and then made me pay for it. Like they did me a favor (there was no rust...just over torqued).

They ignore any complaint about rough idle and rough engine while driving. Ignore wheel hub noises. They don't fix anything. An this has been my experience with every single BMW dealer I went to in Toronto. 0 for honesty, 0 for integrity, 0 for responsibility. They just seem to want your money and don't seem to care about the customer at all. Even if u just need brake pads (as I did), they try to up-sell the job and get you to pay for complete new brakes. I don't think BMW has any respect for its customers at all.

They set the oil change interval extremely high and when it is time to change it, I doubt they actually change anything. I would rate BMW service 0/10.

This is all for orig new car warranty. CPO is less than that. So imo I would summarize it as useless.

·
You Don't Need to Know
3,054 Posts
My personal experience has been that the BMW warranty isn't worth anything. I don't claim this to be a fact, this is just my experience. But no matter which dealer I take my car to, they never fix anything. Always try to make excuses. Sometimes they break things and while clearly they broke it, they play hard ball and they make you pay for them to fix what they broke. They keep you in the waiting room and don't allow you to see them work on the car. Makes suing them impossible and they know it.

I wouldn't buy any extended warranty from BMW. They don't fix anything and deny everything. If anything goes wrong, they will find a way to blame you for it.

For example, when I took my new car to various dealers and complained about the squeeks/creeks from door seals....they looked at dashboard and said it was too shinny. They said I must have cleaned my dashboard and therefore the warranty won't cover the door seals. I'm like, first off...it isn't shinny it is completely dry and dull...and no I didn't apply anything to it...and what does the dashboard have to do with the door seals anyway. They didn't do anything to fix it. Thanks to forums, I now know the cause and know they don't know how to fix it. They had this prob for 20 years with black shadowline.

Then I went to swap over to winter wheels they couldn't remove the wheels because they over torqued the bolts the last time. Then they hammered out the bolts stripping the holes and then made me pay for it. Like they did me a favor (there was no rust...just over torqued).

They ignore any complaint about rough idle and rough engine while driving. Ignore wheel hub noises. They don't fix anything. An this has been my experience with every single BMW dealer I went to in Toronto. 0 for honesty, 0 for integrity, 0 for responsibility. They just seem to want your money and don't seem to care about the customer at all. Even if u just need brake pads (as I did), they try to up-sell the job and get you to pay for complete new brakes. I don't think BMW has any respect for its customers at all.

They set the oil change interval extremely high and when it is time to change it, I doubt they actually change anything. I would rate BMW service 0/10.

This is all for orig new car warranty. CPO is less than that. So imo I would summarize it as useless.
I wouldn't get an extended warranty either, but I had a number of claims under my factory warranty and my CPO. Never had an issue with the dealer.

The only issue I had was with some rust in the underbody, which was denied because it wasn't on the "subframe".

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can someone briefly summaraize the difference between original warranty and CPO warranty?

·
Registered
303 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts