BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

CPO with Accident Reported

1391 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  AzNMpower32
Hi All,

I bought CPO 328i back in 2007 from a south florida BMW dealer, I didn't look at the car fax clearly at that time. Recently i thought of selling the car and took a carfax report . It shows an accident reported like below

03/13/2007
Florida
Damage Report
Accident reported
Involving rear impact
It hit a motor vehicle
Vehicle disabled
Vehicle towed

I was under the impression that CPO cars doesn't have any accident.

After seeing the car fax report i looked at the front side of my CAR and i found that my hood is not aligned correctly to the body of the car. I'm not sure how serious the accident was.

What shall i do here? Does it help talking to dealer or BMWNA?

What's the Best way to sell this car?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
You were under the wrong impression. People have made this mistake many times. All CPO is really, is marketing plus a limited extended warranty. I've seen many, many cars with accident damage labeled CPO, and some of them had terrible repairs done to them. There isn't anything to do, as BMW or the dealer will tell you that as long as the car was fixed within "manufacturer's specifications" the car can be labeled CPO. The best way to sell a car is to put the car up for sale in as many places as possible, including, Craigslist, Bimmerfest, Ebay, Autotrader,Roundel Magazine, etc...
I was under the impression that CPO cars doesn't have any accident.

What shall i do here? Does it help talking to dealer or BMWNA?

What's the Best way to sell this car?
Yeah that far in the past it is what it is .... you can't hide a bad CarFax it but you can tell a buyer now that you've owned it for 5 years without the repair being an issue to you.

Probably knocks $1,000 off the sales price vs a clean one.
+1. The CPO certification process isn't nearly as thorough as most people make it out to be (although the marketing folks would want you to believe so), and even the "official BMW checklist", used by few dealers, doesn't necessarily state that the car is accident-free, only that it was repaired properly to manufacturer specs. So nothing was done wrong on the dealer's part.
You were under the wrong impression. People have made this mistake many times. All CPO is really, is marketing plus a limited extended warranty. I've seen many, many cars with accident damage labeled CPO, and some of them had terrible repairs done to them. There isn't anything to do, as BMW or the dealer will tell you that as long as the car was fixed within "manufacturer's specifications" the car can be labeled CPO. The best way to sell a car is to put the car up for sale in as many places as possible, including, Craigslist, Bimmerfest, Ebay, Autotrader,Roundel Magazine, etc...
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.