BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

CPO with multiple accidents

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  jaye944 
#1 ·
I purchased 2011 X3 from Crevier BMW CA back in 2015 as CPO. They told me they never mark their car as CPO if it was involved in any accident. CarFax showed no accident and the car looked like new.

I took it to CarMax several days ago to see how much it is worth and they pulled AutoCheck report and told me that the car was involved in a multiple accident and the air-bag was deployed. CarMax appraised my car at a very low price because of the accident records.

I feel so cheated that Crevier lied about the condition of the car and I paid extra for being a CPO. I called the dealer and they provided the CarFax report again and they also say they'd never sell a car with accident history.
I showed them the AutoCheck report I got from CarMax and immediately they offered to take the car back. Obviously, much lower than how much I could've got if it wasn't in any accident.

I was so upset (still am) and just wanted to get rid of the car so I took it back to them. Now few days later, I see the car listed as "no accident" with same CarFax report from a private used car dealer.

Do not buy cars from Crevier and don't trust CarFax.
And do not buy VIN: 5UXWX5C57BL715299

See less See more
#4 ·
1. They are allowed to lie to youi.

2. They ddnt 'advertise' it as accident free. Its not 'false advertising'

3. You sign a document that says, basically, "I agree that I am not relying on ANYTHING anyone said to be or provided to me in wiring, only to the documents in this agreement". You essentially sign your name to a paper than says "Im OK with the salesman lying". They lie to you for days on end, then the finance closer comes in and erases them all....

4. And you took it back to them?!?!? J..C... someone needs to put on big boy pants.

#5 ·
I thought carfax has some sort of g'tee
I think they also have a disclaimer...
go figure
lawyer up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.