BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anybody knew the voltage and amp specs of the CPT8000 harness?

I am adding some microcontrollers and such, and need a ground and *regulated* +5v output, was hoping I could use the existing pins of the CPT8000.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!
-Dan

· King of Rear Clunks
12,907 Posts
If you're talking about the 18pin or 6pin connectors under the console that the CPT kit plugs into, there's no +5 there. Just regular unregulated 12v. You're going to want to build a small power supply. I've had 3 different aftermarket carkits sucking power off this 12v with no problems. I'm thinking you could pretty safely suck 2A off of that.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kaz,
I am talking about the the connectors under the center console. Do you know which pins are putting out 12v unregulated? Once I know this, I can build this:
http://www.seetron.com/an_vpwr1.htm

thanks again...

Kaz said:
If you're talking about the 18pin or 6pin connectors under the console that the CPT kit plugs into, there's no +5 there. Just regular unregulated 12v. You're going to want to build a small power supply. I've had 3 different aftermarket carkits sucking power off this 12v with no problems. I'm thinking you could pretty safely suck 2A off of that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.